julier V MBNA

JulieR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

After a sucessful win against A&L here i am now to sort out MBNA!

so far i am having to wait the longest time for a reply to my dPA request!!

Just replied to adamski about this!!!

MBNA has about 17 days to reply to my request, halifax took just 2 weeks!!!!

think there dragging there heels hoping i,ll loose interest!!!

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

well today the postman brought a nice long letter from MBNA basicly saying their charges are correct and that i agreed when i signed up for the charge to be paid.

They have kindly(!!) sent details free of charge (wow can u get your breath eh) of charged applied to my account (3 of them!! i really dont this so!!) and will make me a gesture of goodwill payment of £30 (how kind!!) but if not good enough i can send £10 and a data protection request (hmmm now hang on, isnt that what i did over 5 weeks ago?) if i send ID and return the attached form ( searchin but can not find no form)

so now to search the posts for a rather apt reply that will basicly say - u had the £10 it was a full request - your 40 days are up on etc etc .

grrrrrrrrrr to mbna

whilst reading the threads i came across a good letter that had been put together for MBNA after a standard 'if you want a full DPA request please send us' bla bla -

can anyone direct me to it please, i have spent nearly an hour looking so far!!

ok - i have cut and pasted from various posts and the resulting letter goes as follows! if its any good to anyone help your self - but dont forget to alter it to suit your particular case.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Mr Bailey

MBNA Account(s) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your letter dated 21st July 2006.

I am disappointed in your response to my letter dated 20th June 2006 I believe the letter clearly laid out my DPA request and I enclosed a cheque for the £10 fee, being correct payment for this request.

To reiterate, my original request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to both of the above accounts held in my name.

As an alternative, a complete set of account statements will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history which required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention, please confirm this in your response to this request.

Your letter included a paragraph asking for an enclosed form to be completed should I wish to make a full data subject access request - i believe the form you are referring to is a ‘Subject Access Request’; I have to inform you that there was no such form enclosed and the act places no obligation on my part to complete such a form in order for you to comply with my request.

Whilst i appreciate your efforts to supply me with a list of three charges for one of the two accounts my request is for a complete list of charges for both accounts or a complete set of statements dating back 6 years

I have today received a cheque for £30 which I take to be the good will payment referred to in your letter of the 21st July, I accept this in part payment of monies owed and will deduct this amount from my eventual claim once you have complied with my request.

I have enclosed a copy of my driving licence as you requested ID; this is despite your corresponding with me at this address since November 2005 and the fact that you felt it secure enough to send me a cheque.

I believe that you now have all the relevant information you need to comply fully with my request and therefore I trust that you will take notice that no further delay will be tolerated in this matter. If I do not receive the required information within the next 7 days I shall issue an action under section 7 and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force your compliance. This will be commenced without any further notice on Monday 6th August 2006.

Yours faithfully,

Julie

thanks for that -

update - rang advocasy office this afternoon, told i would be contacted by a stand in as my names person was not in today! i asked if it would be today and was said oh yes it will be before 5pm - its now 5.30 and no return call!! and now i am back at work tomorrow and the chances of my getting a moment to call are slim!!

Grrrrrr

that was the one i rang, girl was very pleasant that i spoke to, but no return call as promised!

i dont think i will be home by 5 so wont be able to call tomorrow

is any of the email addies one to someone in the advocasy office?

that was the one i rang, girl was very pleasant that i spoke to, but no return call as promised!

i dont think i will be home by 5 so wont be able to call tomorrow

is any of the email addies one to someone in the advocasy office?

Ive always emailed gareth tunnicliffe always found him ok [email protected]

dont know if anyone else knows anyone how can better help?

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

update - finally got a call back - Gareth rang me this morning! full of opolgies about delay - i have asked for a complete breakdown of charges on TWO cards as per my original request, he assures me i will have these on monday or tuesday and i asked them to work out the intrest as well, save me working it all out!

• 2 weeks later...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i have not recieved any of the promised paperwork to date, tried to contact them last week, had to wait for a call back that i then missed as i do have to work for a living to!!

emailed Gareth to say sorry i missed your call but i do have to work for living, please respond by 18th or i will be estimating my charges and going ahead with court action, i did add tha i would like with his support to avoid this action! i got a read reciept at 0730 this morning! (long hours they are having to put in eh)

todate i have recieved two cheques for £30 each, this i think is due to the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing! i havent cashed them - will just leave them in my MBNA folder!!

so GRRRRRR again,

thanks for letting me moan!!!

ok now what do i do!! Gareth rang to say that of the two accounts i had with them only one incurred charges and that was £50, he added the interest and says he will deduct the £30 already sent to me and forward the balance!

as for the other account there were no charges = now as i explained to Gareth, i would love to take his word and close it all there and then! and i certainly dont like saying i dont beleive him! but, how come this card was the only card i owned during this time where i did not incur charges as it was all during a difficult time in my life!

He has agreed to send the balance anyway, and to send me copies of statements so i can double check and he says he will check them again before doing so.

my question(s) folks - (yes i know it took me a while to get there)

have YOU had this experiance and what did you do? do we trust MBNA is telling the truth? have we evideance that this is anohter tactic?

any comments would be gratefully recieved.