Nat West Credit Card - Cardholder Has Died

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry for such a radical title, but if anybody could advise would be so appreciated.

my wifes mother died about 2 years ago of cancer, she was working class in a council flat, with little savings, and had a nat west creidt card with about £1000 on it, my wife has since on behalf of her father taken on paying the minimum amount of £80 a month and has done so for this time.

Her father can ill afford to live never mind pay this bill and we have not got a clue where to go with this, our situation is we are in a DMP with Payplan and currently paying creditors by this method.

Today a letter came out the blue from Nat West asking for full payment of the balance from the estate of £750 which is outstanding now, there is no estate, and I found this letter highly insensitive.

Can anyone please advice where we stand legally, should we ask for a CCA etc, or just make £1 token payments???

As the debt was not payable upon her death (and Natwest would have been well aware of this!), personally I would seek legal advice. To accept money for this debt from family members is not only completely morally reprehensible (though they are a bank :rolleyes: ), I would also question it's legality.

I would demand repayment of every penny you and your father-in-law have ever paid.

I really think you should contact CAB or get a free initial appointment with a solicitor as soon as possible.

But please, don't pay them any more money. If they say you are liable, please contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to lodge a complaint. May actually be worth doing anway!

Good luck