Are they aloud to charge you within 7 days?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi...

Have already claimed my charges back....KEEP GOING EVERYONE....

But i had a little slip up and they are charging me another £39....Not worried because I know I wil get it back....

What I wantr to knoe are they legally alowed to add this charge onto your account within 7 days of the charge happing? surely there must be some legal standing that says they must give you at least 28 days...For people who get paid monthly for example.

Any ideas please let me know...

Thanking you in advance....

To get my bloody money back from those thieving wunch of bankers!

Hi...

Have already claimed my charges back....KEEP GOING EVERYONE....

But i had a little slip up and they are charging me another £39....Not worried because I know I wil get it back....

What I wantr to knoe are they legally alowed to add this charge onto your account within 7 days of the charge happing? surely there must be some legal standing that says they must give you at least 28 days...For people who get paid monthly for example.

Any ideas please let me know...

Thanking you in advance....

I am sure they changed their terms and conditions a little while ago regarding this

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

surely there must be some legal standing that says they must give you at least 28 days

The charges are unlawful anyway, so if there was some law do you think that would make a difference?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi brindle

Halifax used to give you a month or so before the charge hit your account - last banking day of the month following returned DD. They did change it quite a while back though - their letters now say 3 or 4 days following date of notification. This was on the basis that, by the time the end of the following month arrived you'd have forgotten about the charge and also about having enough funds to cover it !

Well done on your claim:)

MrsR

MrsR

Us & Halifax

07.07.06 - Prelim ltr sent claiming £2364; 10.07.06 - Acknowledgement; 15.07.06 - Offer of £310 (don't think so!); 21.07.06 - LBA sent claiming £2481; 12.08.06 - Increased offer of £926 (still don't think so!); 31.08.06 - Lodged Claim at local court £2598 + interest + costs; 07.09.06 - Notice of Issue deemed served 09.09.06;

Husband & Halifax Visa

20.07.06 - Prelim ltr sent claiming £650; 11.08.06 - Reply refusing to refund any charges; 15.08.06 - LBA sent; 26.08.06 - Reply saying dealing with complaint!; 31.08.06 - Lodged Claim at local court £650 + interest + costs; 06.09.06 - Offer of £250 (bit late!); 07.09.06 - Notice of Issue deemed served 09.09.06;

Mum & HSBC

31.08.06 - Data Protection Act letter hand delivered to branch;

Amex & GE Capital - we're gonna getcha :D