Charging Orders

Newborn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Found this, may be of interest as it shows the vastly increasing use of charging orders.

Homes at risk as banks seek more security for credit card debt - Times Online

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Usually the unsecured debt gets secured at the expense of the other unsecured creditors (who are happily accepting a payment plan) too which makes it very unfair. It also adds more charges to the debt, the court fees, solicitors fees etc in obtaining the charge.

It's not a new thing either, Lloyds TSB did it to my elderly mother 7 years back even though she was paying them a substantial amount each month, not missing any payments. ****.

If they are going to secure it this way then they should remove all interest/interest on interest/...etc at the higher rate and substitute it with an interest rate typically charged on secure debts.

It amazes me the OFT doesn't do anything about this. If your house is ultimately at risk then there should be a warning. Remember the warning for the secure loans only means anything if you fall behind in payments in the same way.

Fall behind on a secured loan.... your home is at risk.

Fall behind on an unsecured loan.... your home is at risk.