calling it an arrangement fee now

binkhus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got my statement through and it says they are charging me £25 for an informal overdraft arrangement fee.

i went overdrawn in feb when my tv licence came out a day early but i didnt get charged for it.... stupidly thought that because of the case and the fact iv been to court already with them that they had waivered the charge.

i phoned up because the only time i had asked for an overdraft was before christmas as a temp (2 day) measure and i was told i wouldnt be charged an arrangement fee for it. the lady on the phone said that this arrangement fee was because i went over again so instead of bouncing it they just set up another overdraft for me.... how nice.... and charged me £25 for it.

i explained that i had not asked for it and i didnt want it. i said that if they were going to apply the charge i want it calling what it is a charge for going overdrawn so i can go to court over the matter.

she eventually agread to send me out an ammendment.... was i right in thinking i wouldnt be able to claim back an arrangement fee?? is this the banks new way round things?

in the t & c sent out in dec. 06 - they made the change from total charges to notified fee and from exceeding overdraft to arrangement fee

it's still the same, unlawful charging which we all seek to reclaim - yes, you can certainly claim it back and also the portion of the interest which relates to those fees - found by using the interest calculation spreadsheets.

other banks use various terms but it's all the same thing - as we've said - if it barks like a dog, looks like a dog and bites like a dog - - - -

it's a reclaimable bank charge!

Test case is finished, but waiting for the learned judge's decision - which may be a few weeks off yet - no real pointers as to how it'll go - as far as I know..........just a case of wait and see. :cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D