MCE Portfolio Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I just thought I would share a small victory...I was a student and took out a new bank account with HSBC with a £1000 overdraft. Needless to say I spent the overdraft and then didn't use the account much as I had no money! I wasn't aware that the small print on the account made it a condition that my student loan was suppossed to be paid into this 'student account'....my loan got paid into my parents bank account and went straight back out again as it didn't even covermy terms rent and my parents subbed the difference (I did pay this back..!)

Anyway, to cut a long story short this overdraft was classed as a debt to HSBC and the account was closed and the balance was transferred to MCE portfolio. At first I submitted to the bullying and made monthly payments however as my circumstances were unsettled I defaulted a couple of times, then moved house a lot and eventually MCE caught up with me last year and the balance they stated I owed was more that the original debt, (even taking my payments into accout...INTEREST!)

I argued with them countless times and they sent it to the courts. I agreed that I did owe them a certain amount, £261 taking all of my repayments into account but I refused to acknowledge any interest as the original overdraft I took out was interest free as I was a student and I still had the documents to prove this.

I did unfortunately receive a CCJ, but I paid this off as soon as I received it and so it will not appear ion my record.

I called Mortmer Clarke Solicitors asking for a letter to document that this debt was resolved for my credit file....and to my horror I received a letter saying that once the CCJ was settled they would be persuing me for the remaining balance.

Several more telephone calls later I have argued that the CCJ was applied to b them for the full balance. I made a response back which explained the entire situation. If the court thought I was liable for the remainder they would have made the judgement for the full balance so they have no right to further persue me.

They threatened me with further court action, and said they were acting on behalf of their client (MCE portfolio) I insisted they call MCE there and then to check the balance.

Two minutes later I received a call stating that there was no further balance to pay and that this would be confirmed in writing to me.

Letter received today!

Result...I have paid back what I owe...no interest.

I did receive a CCJ...but I paid this promptly and there is a note on my credit file to say this.

I have written confrmation that this account is settled.

I didn't have a problem with receiving a CCJ as I already had one for something else however do be careful as they do stay on your records for six years!