• Tweets

• Please can you post a link to his Facebook account
    • It was a facebook post. The number he lives at is 41, he had 5 other cars, and another van all packed into his front garden. He also had a tow truck parked out side. All the other cars and van looked in very good condition. So I'm assuming he is a back street dealer.  
    • Okay. I suggest that you begin by getting a written confirmation of the evidence you have – in other words a written statement from your customer confirming that he did order from you, what it was she ordered, how she paid, that the delivery failed even though she waited in for XXX days. Did she receive any email notification of the forthcoming delivery? If so you want to get hold of a copy of that. Did you reimburse her? Confirmation from her that she was reimbursed by you £XXX. Any other evidence you can get all statements from anybody – get it in writing. Get it now so that you are fully prepared and you don't need to go back and ask later after you have committed funds to bringing a claim. Draft a letter of claim setting out your case and what you are asking for – and a timeline of 14 days after which you will issue the claim. Don't expect them to respond to this with any thing positive. This is simply a formality. You aren't bluffing. On day 15 you will issue the claim. If you have any doubts and we stop now.
    • Okay. There is see some learning to do here – but we will manage in the end. For the moment please can you tell me about the advertisement. Where was it advertised? Have you noticed any other advertisements from the same person – Thomas Stone. You have given a road name – but what number in the road please
    • I am trying. I'm no good with tech 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed with bank stuff

shywazz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ello Ello ello just back from our holidays in Gran Canaria, what a wicked fortnight ;) so much to do and so many drinking places to get sozzled. well back home now in the cold british weather, and the heating on full :| 1st point of call when switching on the com, yep this site, to catch up on peeps things and see if i can assist, looks like folks have been busy gaining there charges back, nice one to all whom have won. :) as for the above thread, there's nothing to report back, as the said company havn't even wrote while i've been away, so i'll nudge them with a letter of my own in the week, to ask whats happening, think there have closed down, well we can hope hahahaha chat soon and hope to assist soon. :)

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, long time no hear i hear you think/say....

Yep CAPQUEST have finally written to me, got the letters end of last week, there offered me a discount if i opted to pay so much there would knock a percentage off each time i paid something to them, wait i thought, why should i pay for something i still dont know i owe, after all these months there send a letter out the blue, so i replyed seeking information and encloseing the £1 postal order, hence giving them 12 + 2 days to reply etc , got another 3 letters by return post, quick by there standards i know, all staing the same. that account on hold while there endovour to contact NW, wait i thought, didnt i do all this last year to get the matter sorted, also its gone past the 6 year mark, so the debt if owed can-not be enforced? Had feeling when there went quite that one day i would hear back from them, and woohoo i am correct, guess i'll get another 10 letters plus from them, before there go quite again for another 7 months, is there anything i can do, for once and for all to get this company off my back for good???? am in day 3 of the 12, and know there have a further 40 days to comply with the information i seeked, but if the suppoeingly owed debt is over 6 years now, is there any point me going through this route again??? look forward to assistance soon thank you.

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Bump for shywazz........... not sure how to answer this, soz. Anyone? :???:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hello. The 12 plus 2 days are now up for capquest, which is the second letter i send them, now there have failed in sending me the seeked information? looked in the disk i have with letters on it and there doesn't seem to be a second letter, unless me lost it somewhere on the disk. thank you. or do i now wait a further 40 days?

I am at a BUMP ere any1 give me the info i need ? thank you

Please could a Moderator move my thread to the capquest section as think thread readers missing it. many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello just a up-date had NO response from Capquest can some1 point me in the direction of the next letter i send after the one i sent above, don't want to just leave it, as there will write again in some months time, so rather get sorted asap. thanks.

News up-date, just had TWO letters from capquest, 1st one reading as follows...dated 22nd May 07

We thankyou for your recent correspondence.

Please find enclosed your £1.00 fee which you supplied for a copy of the agreement for the above account.

We have been advised by National Westminster Bank plc that they are unable to supply us with this copy as requested.

2nd Letter reads as follows. dated 22nd May 07

We refer to the above account, Please would you contact this office by telephone as a matter of urgency.

Ti is in your intrest to telephone as soon as possible in order that no further charges are incurred on your account.

Capquest debt recovery ltd anticipate your reply within the next 72 hours.

There have sent the pound postal order back, but its the excact same one i sent them, with there name on it, there are not even wise enough to cash it, and return the pound in my name, half wits.

No-way am i going to ring them, far as i'm concerned i doughed the debt from the very 1st letter there sent me, now after nearly 2 years there still can't give me the agreement showing the debt exsists, let alone that i ever owed anything.....

Shall i sent the pound postal order back to them and seek one in my name plus intrest for waiting for it, as end of day the money order is useless to me.....

shywazz, Who exactly are capquest ??

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Nah parkvale ( site helper ) Capquest are a debt collection company.

shywazz thanks. It was getting a bit confusing for anyone who didn't know who capquest were.They were associating them with Capitol One bank and with your request to move to the capquest thread. Which as far as i know there is not one.So I presume that they have been appointed by Nat West and you are indeed on the correct forum ??

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hiya thought it might need moving, as threads for natwest capquest etc but since involves both might it be best to stay here hehehehe, anyhow, am still hoping one or more thread users can assist with next stage, as come to a stuck time on this? plsssssssssssss thank you

Just read through your thread shywazz. I commend you foryour patience!

I'm a little surprised that no-one has suggested you send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Nat West requesting ALL the information they have on you and your account

THe only question I have about that is whether contacting NW at this point might remove the protection you have under the Limitations Act 1980. I have just read it and I don't think so. I think you are OK.

I think you are protected by s5 but can reclaim any unlawful charges under s32.

Anyone else like to comment?

Steven

Hello Steven thought every1 had gone on holiday with there refunds hehehehehehehe thanks for replying, have i indeed sent for the information held about me, the reply i got is detailed above, but to remind all, NW have no details regarding this matter, and the postal order was returned lol albeit not in my name, so useless to me now. Capquest continue to chase me, yet by all accounts there isnt anything to chase, according to NW. i have done all to get this matter resolved to no joy, hence was hoping that one last letter, which might be hiding on this site, can be sent to stop capquest in contacting me once and for all.

Thanks steven for reading, i know this thread has been going sometime now, just as i think everything is sorted i get another letter from capquest seeking what the thread started with? confused me too.

NW have no details regarding this matter

But have they got any details regarding YOU?

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

I'll pop a sar in the post to them tomorrow, i thought since capquest wrote to NW after i sent them the sar and there replyed stating that no contract/information etc was held by NW then no debt was there for capquest to chase? as detailed in the thread i am not aware of any debt when i stopped using the account, i made enquires through the NW website, using the ref numbers capquest gave me, however no information was sent back by NW, and since capquest contacted NW for the information, and that came back no information held i thought that was the end of the matter. i did hold account with NW many years ago, but stopped using it nearly 7 years ago, and the balance was nil. so any debt capquest seem to be seeking, i am not aware off, untill i 1st got contact from capquest last year, i have not admitted any debt, just seeked sar information from capquest but that came back blank.

I would presume NW would have some form of information about me, since i did hold an account, however going by capquests letters, NW don't seem to have details on there data base anymore, but i'll make contact with them direct with a sar as you recommend. cheers Steven

Letter gone to NW awaiting reply, still getting letters in the mean time from Capquest demanding that i either pay the monies it shows or ring them asap, keep up dating as progresses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello thread readers.......

Just a up-date for this thread..

Received reply from NW with respect the SAR i sent in, there just wanted further information about the account, due to myself not having much information to give, its kinda hard to locate the information say NW, but yesterday i sent in account numbers from capquest which i hope will assist NW in the SAR.

With respect Capquest there are still writing to me two or three times per week now, asking me to telephone there offices to discuss the matter, ive responded with replys seeking that any information/enquires there might have, that there put into writing, from which i will reply, however there insisting that i ring only, ( which i won't be doing )

Far as i am concerned i have covered all the angles with respect obtaining any information from capquest and even seeking the agreements that there hold the said debt or that there even own one? all o no avail, hence took stevens advice and have contacted NW direct to see what there hold about this matter, just now waiting on them with any results.

Will keep up-dating thread untill matter resolved.

Food for thought, every time i reply to capquests letters i send them recorded delivery, the postage costs to myself are getting silly, can i claim these costs back once everything is sorted, as capquest charge for every letter there send out to me, can i not charge them the same?

Food for thought, every time i reply to capquests letters i send them recorded delivery, the postage costs to myself are getting silly, can i claim these costs back once everything is sorted, as capquest charge for every letter there send out to me, can i not charge them the same?
I don't think so unless you get to the point of a wasted costs order, then you can, so keep a list

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear just received part of the statements from NW up to 04/10/2002 statements from 04/10/2002 will be sent seperately there state in letter.

Quite alot to look at, checking all transactions etc before posting further.

Looks like the account was still been used up to sept 2002 although i don't remember, i'll read read and then re-read all the pages there sent me, then post again.

Hello all. This thread is just part TWO to my other, Help needed with bank stuff. :(

Time to start the ball rolling to claim back just a wee amount of charges. Which was un-b known to me untill this month, but already got the bank statements from NW and gone through them and yep some charges to re-claim from them. 1st of many letters going in post tomorrow. :)

Good luck shywazz! x ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thank you for the gl message, just bought some envelope labels from this site, soon as there arrive i'll post the 1st prelem letter to the bank, hope there notice the action group logo and see i mean business... keep up-dating as and when