• Tweets

• In my experience (not with car payments) but with many other things, my partner has been ill and signed off in the past and we have been unable to meet various commitments.  Naturally if you ring the call centre they are going to fob you off and tell you you must pay, that's why that never ever works. I would obtain a note from her GP listing all her health issues plus medications plus side effects, then write to the finance company with a copy of it, explaining the situation, as you have here, asking for a payment holiday. Perhaps mention that the car is very much needed for hospital appointments etc. It's likely the finance company would rather you pay till term end than, chase you for money they will never see, and sell the car at auction for a loss,  You can search some of my threads going back years, advising people to do this for Council Tax, Tax Credits, HMRC, Even a solicitors company and it always works, because contrary to popular belief people are reasonable.
    • Sorry, I haven't ever seen one of these agreements. Read it all and look out for anything that says when she can withdraw and when she is committed to go ahead. If it isn't clear she may need to call the housing provider and simply say what you posted here, she doesn't want to go ahead and how does she withdraw her swap application?
    • Thank you! Your head is like a power bank of knowledge.  Her health issues are short term, due to a relationship breakdown she took it pretty hard and has been signed off work on medication for 3 months. She only started her job in February 24 so does not qualify for any occupational sick benefits, which is where the ssp only comes in. (You will see me posting a few things over the coming days, whilst I try and sort some things for her)  I sat with her last night relaying all this back and she does want to work out a plan, she was ready to propose £100 for the next 3 months and then an additional £70 per month onto of her contractual to "catch up" but Money247 rejecting the payment holiday and demanding £200 thew her, which is why I came on here.   
    • I've looked at your case specifically more.   Term 8bii reads " when, in accordance with instructions from the Customer or the Consignee, the Consignment is left in a safe place" Their terms choose to not define safe, so they are put to proof that the location is safe. If your property opens onto a street its a simple thing of putting a google earth image and pointing out that its not a safe place
    • New rules and higher rates resulted in a jump in the number of savers opening accounts at the start of this year's Isa season.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hi, new-ish. Young V Nationwide

Bev77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've spoken to the court this morning and they have received my AQ (I know they have, I took it there myself!). It seems that a judge has seen it and made an order, but he couldn't tell what the order was. Also Nationwide received an AQ, but have failed to return theirs.

So the clerk thinks it could be a few things:-

-The judge has requested a hearing

-The judge has requested more time for them to file their AQ or to try to resolve the matter one more time

-The judge could have ruled in my favour as they haven't filed their AQ.

He said that I should receive something within the next few days from the court, hopefully by the end of next week.

So that's it then, just sit and wait for Mr Postie!

Nationwide - WON

Lloyds - £4,664.25 + costs

Data Protection Act Letter sent 29/06/06

Information received 28/07/06

Preliminary Letter sent 14/08/06

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

Defence filed and AQ disposed with 15/05/07

AQ from local Court received 21/06/07

Request for more info received 30/06/07 - Reply sent 02/07/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

Abbey - £1,611.20 excl 8% + costs

Data Protection Act Letter sent 18/07/06 - 40 days up 29th August

Reply Rec'd 26/07/06 - microfiche argument.

Microfiche letter sent rec del 27/07/06

Complete transaction list Rec'd 23/09/06

Prelim letter sent 25/09/06

LBA sent 20/10/06

Barclaycard - £758.53 excl 8%

Data Protection Act Letter sent 22/06/07

Prelim letter sent 20/03/08

Reply rec'd 09/04/08 - offering £296

Rejection & LBA letter sent 18/04/08

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Partypip

oh no !!! This is like reading a book and the last page being ripped out lol.

Please keep us updated as soon as you know anything

• 2 weeks later...

Still heard nothing from the court. I rang them again on Thurs 2nd, and was told surprisingly that "the person who is dealing with my claim has been off sick for 2 weeks, has just come back and is now starting to go through her workload"! and I should hear something within the next week!

I'm starting to think they are having me on here! Should it really take this long?!?!

Oh well, I'll give them until the end of this week, and if I still have not heard anything from them I'll ring them, yet again.

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

You would think the courts would be a bit more organised than that wouldn't you. As I found out to my detriment (see my Nationwide thread) - you must keep on at the courts as they will forget to do things along your timeline - amazingly, very similar to the banks!

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

aww the suspense is killing me! I'm dying to find out what's happened - can you let your local court know that there are thousands of us patiently waiting for the next instalment!

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

I agree, Im at the this stage with my natwest claim, and the courts have bodged my claim up all the way!!

first off it got transferred to a court 300 miles away. then it went to the judge for a direction hearing - and it has never been heard of again!!!

I keep phoning every day but they still dont know where the paperwork is!!!

So if anybody in Manchester finds it please can they send it back to Wales!!!! Ha HA

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Well my weekly phone call to the court is due for tomorrow, I'll let you know what they say!

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

Calm down debt maybe shes out shopping with her money Hmmmmm?

Or like another comerade of mine on here.....still in bed with a hang over!!!!!

I must remeber not to celebrate too much eh!!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Sorry forgot to ring them last week.

I've rung them this morning and the case has now been passed to the processing dept at Haywards Heath (not sure if that is the court's or N'wide's?) and an 'unless order' has been sent to them.

It means that unless they submit their AQ by a certain date, then the case will be thrown out, and we'll automatically get awarded the rest.

She couldn't tell me the 'unless' date, but I should hear something 'soon'.

*small, quiet woo-hoo* for me!

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

Bev77, sorry if it appears like I'm hijacking your thread but I thought I'd share with you whats happening to me. It appears that nationwide is now trying to make things difficult. I'm going through exactly the same only you are slightly ahead. They refunded me half of what I was claiming leaving me short of £1600 approx. I have written to Mr Bacon and e-mailed an got a reply stating that my schedule of charges was incorrect because it included the date direct debit were returned as well as the day they were charged, therefore duplicating charges debited and giving me a figure in excess of the sum debited. This is total rubish as you may well know that in the statements the fees are actually recorded clearly and there is no charge on the date the direct debit is returned. I feel like nationwide are trying to confuse me and in a deceitful way. They have now filed a full defence and the case has now moved to court. I will be following your thread closely. I have also been going through the statements thoroughly as they have made me paranoid. In the mean time good luck!

Bev, I would fully expect Nationwide to submit an AQ on the last day expected of them. That's exactly what they did to me.

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

In relation tothe above post - I noticed that whenI was filingon behalf on my HUBs that despite the nice binder inwhich the staement came, the statement sheets were mixed in with the charges Statements. So when I came to input themonto the spread sheet is basicaly doubled up the charges. It was only beacsue I had a rough idea of how much we were due I picked up on it!!!

I wonder how many people have been confused in this way?

Allyxia

Jburchell - They've had plenty of time to submit their AQ before now, this is their second chance to submit it, so I'm keeoping my fingers crossed that they won't.

groovyglo - Good luck with your case. I assume that you have checked your figures THOROUGHLY, just to make sure that they are not doubled up? As long as you believe that your figures are correct and have the statements to prove it, then I can't see there being any problem as far as the court is concerned (re figures). Good Luck

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

I've received a letter from the court this morning. It's a General Form of Judgement or Order (N24)

It says:-

'Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of it's own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Unless the defendant lodges at Court an allocation questionnaire by 22 November 2006, the statement of case of the defendant in default be struck out.'

Am I right in thinking that if it's struck out, that means I win? And I get the rest of the money? Or if it's struck out, that it means that it's all over, and nothing more can be done?

I'm hoping it's the former. Can anyone clarify for me?

Bev

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

I'm reading it as you do Bev77, but I'm not 100% sure - why not pm a mod if you don't get an answer... the saga continues

I'm in the same boat with an underpayment and the case is sitting on the judges desk due to a backlog

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Bev, I had the same letter from the courts when Nationwide failed to lodge an AQ when I continue my claim against them following the shortfall in payment.

See my thread here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/24462-burchell-nationwide-2.html

If they do the same with you as they did with me, they will file an AQ on the final day and the case will go before the judge for a hearing date. That's where I'm at now.

I have read in some cases Natiownide have had up to three weeks after the AQ deadline to file their AQ. It causing a big stink in circle aon here.

I wonder if the court would grace us with the same flimsy deadlines!!!

Allyxia

It means the both :) "you win" AND nothing more to be done. they lose by default.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

JBurchell - you were right!

They filed their AQ on 16th November, and it has to go before a judge now. So I guess just wait for the date to come through.

Now I'm starting to panic!

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

Hi Bev, try not to stress too much about it. Send a letter to Charles Bacon asking him to explain the difference. He replied to the letter I sent him below within a couple of days - even though I had asked him twice before to justify the short payment (see my thread to understand the bit about Ms Henderson!):

Dear Mr. Bacon,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx – CLAIM No. xxxx

Please find attached a letter recently sent to Ms Henderson in your Flexaccount Collections department. I believe she has been in contact with you recently regarding this debt and my current court case against Nationwide ref: above.

Please can you tell me whether you intend to assist Ms Henderson in resolving this matter? I do intend to continue with my court case against Nationwide but would obviously rather resolve this issue sooner if possible – as I’m sure you would to.

At least if you have the breakdown, you can understand why there is such a difference - he may have missed some charges when doing the calcs. With me, we had both missed some in our figures and it worked out almost the same total.

I'm still continuning my claim as I'm still after the £100 allocation fee that I've paid to the courts and interest from the date they refunded me the money (which is only £6 but it's the principal!).

If he doesn't respond to your letter, then just carry on to the court! Although, the courts seem to all have massive backlogs at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I received another 'General Form of Judgement or Order' yesterday morning(sat).

This one says:-

Before District Judge XXXXXX, Upon reading solicitors letter for the defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Pursuant to Civil Proceddings Rules 27.2.3 the Claimant do file and serve within 14 days of service of this Order a schedule setting out by reference to amount and date the charges that she complains about and the reason in each case and identifying whether the Defendant has refunded those charges pursuant to its pleaded Defence.

Dated 29 November.

So I take it all that jargon means that I havae to provide the court a copy of my schedule of charges(ie breakdown of charges which were submitted in the first place) and a copy of their schedule of charges and to show the difference between the 2, and retunr it within 14 days to the court?

Am I right? If so, how do I got about getting their schedule of charges? Would the court have a copy? If so, would they let me have a copy? If not, I take it I write to NW and ask them to send me a copy of their schedule of charges to compare with my own, so I may see the difference in the figures?

Oh Gosh, it's all getting so complicated now! Especially as I'm on such a tight time frame, as NW aren't known for their speediness are they? I doubt the court would grant me the same leniency they have shown to NW when filing their AQ.

Any replies/ideas greatly appreciated.

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

I need to send a letter asking them to provide me with a list of the charges they have refunded so far. How does this sound?

Dear Mr Bacon,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXX/XXXXXXXXX CLAIM NO: XXXXXXXX

Please can you provide me with a complete list of charges with dates and amounts of each charge refunded so far so that I may check them against my own figures to identify where the difference is. I do intend to continue with my court case against Nationwide but would obviously rather resolve this issue sooner if possible – as I’m sure you would to.

Yours faithfully,

Also as my account has been closed for some time now, can I still claim interest on the outstanding amount?

• Haha 1

Nationwide - WON

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

LBA sent 20/10/06

Sounds like a fine letter to me Bev.

No reason why you can't claim interest either. You don't need your account to be open in order to continue with an interest claim.