HFC/Weightmans Advice

mazel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently on the website acknowledging the claim forms now & want to defend. Is it just the acknowledgement of service form I click on?

Little bit stuck:confused:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm Scottish I have never used MCOL (cos we don't have it) but in the paper format there would be a this form and you would just acknowledge the claim and tick the box that you intend to defend all of this claim.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Rory.

My last question on this issue, I promise!. If I fully defend at this stage can the court not ask me why I have fully defended if I knew that I owed something to HFC & it should of been a partial defence?.....

Well for a partial defence you would have to enter a figure. You currently don't know how much you owe because they won't comply with your SAR.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Good stuff. Enjoy :)

Now completed online, the acknowledgement of service & selected 'Fully defend'. Do I now have 28 days to submit my defence from today or is it 28 days from date of claim?

28 days from date of claim. By saying you will defend in full you get an extra 14 days.

Oops sorry, I meant 28 days from date of service.

So is May 27th the last day for my defence to be in by?

Yes. We'll aim to get it off by about the 22nd so it gets there in plenty of time.

Really you don't need to do anything at the moment. The ball's in their court.

Well normally you would send a letter before action and then file at court for non compliance. The templates for this are in the bank templates library.

I would just send the LBA as it adds a little bit of weight to how uncooperative they are being.

This is the HFC letter Received:

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your letter requesting information about transactions and charges on the above account.

Copy of your statement has been enclosed covering the period in question. We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this information; therefore, please find enclosed your £10.

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HFC staff may be required in a variety of situations including, account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls and from time to time during account administration.

Should you require any further information, regarding the above account, please contact our customer service department on 0870 010 0453, who will be happy to assist you.

Yours Sincerely

HFC

This is unbelievable......Received a letter from HFC, I have typed it out below:

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 29th April.

It seems from your letter you require a subject access request. In view of this we will require completion and return of the enclosed form, a copy of your driving licence and a cheque or postal order for £10.

On receipt of the above we will open a subject access file in your name to be submitted to you within the 40 days.

Please accept our apologies for misunderstanding your initial request.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours Sincerely

HFC

The other week they returned my £10 postal order and my letter was clearly marked SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST.....

What do I do next?

I would advise them that the 40 days run from receipt of your request (the clock is still ticking) and if they were unsure about your identity then why have they been sending statements/threatening letters on this account to your address - as this would be a direct breach of the Data Protection Act and it's principles. I would also attach a copy of their previous correspondence and state that the £10 fee was enclosed with your initial legal request under The Data Protection Act.

Also ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

Okay I'll have a think about the letter - I don't think I have a template. If I don't post one tomorrow then send me a PM to remind me.