• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have found an arnold swazenegger and Judge judy sound board and will have fun if they ever ring again. I just click on statement I want eg make my day and judge judy etc. It would be lovely to finish it off with apprentice, youre fired, but I havnt found one yet. Hee Hee

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi sorry didnt come back sooner. I dont know how to post link, I'm a bit decreped with it, but I found it on a site called Bored To Death. co.uk (hope i'm ok posting this) I think its aimed at kids, but is the site used in a lot of the joke calls on utube. I dont see how can add personal bits to it, but I think an old tape recorder and a home made script will see the dcas cringing. Ps the board with the rather large man in is rather fitting though a bit naughty for please hold music!!!;)

• 1 month later...

I watched the absolute pee being taken out of them by the conservatives. They have made such a *alls up of everything so far and hurt those they said they wanted to help. Makes you wonder wether its malice or stupidity really.

I must admit 'my dca' aaah, ringing to offer me a special sale experience a while ago had me busting a gut. I think they thought they were selling a lottery winning ticket with a guaranteed jackpot they way they tried to flog this 'favour'

They really think I'm stupid is the problem because I have always believed what they said was true with no proof ever sent to me. I was terrified and have since learnt to start to try to pretend to flog double glazing to them once they've finished. Just got the idea from some rubbish put through the door and repeated what it said, You buy one You get one free:D

She wasn't interested in my offer:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a doctor who fan myself I want to get my son for his use 'obviously' one of those darlek voice changers. I hope it fits on my head for answering the phone, loudspeaker here we come. Exterminate..... ps. I'm having a mad day today, I'm all hyper. Made the mistake of opening all the windows and an army of blue bottles seemed to have flown in. Ive been chasing them all day. My neighbour needs to clean the doggy patio a little more regulary, was a hot day, pwew.

Edited by stardust_john

I know what you mean, a couple of years ago it was so bad felt like using mossy net at night. Water:o Aargh weve got a leak comming into frontroom ceiling from walk in disabled shower, urgh:eek: and that explains why their in the walls. This house is mainly mdf with shoddy pipe work, but hey its home and I can call the council out to fix it soon (theyve been bodging it for three years ), buzzzzzz.

Flats a couple of doors away have a new summer sport :confused:. Rather than wait for bin day they lob their babies nappies into the nearby back gardens, aah bless them. Something to do with them getting rap on knuckles for building mountain of rubbish in the road and I think they want to make a point. Buzzz, nice neighbourhood on the whole:D

I'll shut up now before I revolt too many more people, talking of revolting ...dca

Yep they use boxes full for crap and tesco bags seem their favourite. Trouble is mr bin man wont take if in wrong bags, they end up with personal collection by mr council man and a nice warning again and again. You can tell when the next rave up is due, they tidy it up and deposit it in the nearest available car park. :rolleyes:

Aah finally got it tiglet. Dave:DMy wife would like to use your toilet.

I like watching the balls of steel annoying devil and teds urban sports. The door knocking ones great. 'Stop knocking at my door''No this is my door' etc...Though I must say being disgusting again, the red devil on london bridge loaded with doggy doo is a stomach turner which sets me in giggles every time:D Its on utube but I dont have a link.

Night night.

Could turn it around with some play switch pressing and let them think their listening in whilst on pretend hold.

Now are you ready?

What (stressed voice)

I know I'm not to mention I'm on watchdog?

SSssssh ok switch crunch bang,

Hello

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of using different signature, reminds me recently of closing bank a dormant account and signing forms like you do, they paid me the 30 odd quid in it and I was merrily going out the door, when they chased after me and stopped me and asked me to resign the dotted line as my sig was different to onfile, have to say it shows they were quick on checking, and I nearly died of fright that they thought I was some bank thief. Happily resigned proper sig and got snotty look from bank manager, oooops.

Not a mistakademaka....I am scatty though so thats my excuse. Should have seen the speed they ran after me.:p Chariots of fire..came to mind.

I J make my teeth grind when I hear their name, eeeek. They have to be the most irritating company Ive ever dealt with.

Thanks godmother, I'm having a silly week.

Tune when kill bills uma thurman sees one of her opponants, like metal screeching, appears when I used to hear from I J.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woops, got into trouble with someone who was trying to help me, legit. Poor person was trying to reply to my request to speak and I didnt realise but this anicent answer machine I have and recently turned on due to constant dca calls lately was not taking messages. I didnt realise, this friend was ringing regulary not to my knowledge due to headache and having to listen to good old dilligaf going over and over for ages. Because of head had forgot it was on and when told this weird australian man keeps answering the phone it still didnt click for a while. OOPs red face:oops:

Now why cant a dca ring when I want them too, spoil sports:mad:

Promised to turn it off.:oops:

It has been a weird day, had man who looked like he should have had a roll in men in black knock on the door. When I didnt answer he went next door and asked about me(had something similar previously). I dont know what she said other than hearing him saying well its like that is it:confused: Next thing the phone was going mad so hence above.

His car was really posh, he must be on good commision. I didnt think he was offereing a loan but about to pull out his machine gun:)

Wonder if can get dilligaf door bell

DCAs press 1

Humans press 2

Edited by stardust_john

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks