Some Help Please got a bit lost

thomp1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

basically i posted a long thread in general forum about reclaiming some charges and someone suggested breaking it down into the relevent banking forums so here it goes.

capital one credit card, rang them up and they told me how many charges they'd made, totals up to £160. wrote them the first letter from the template file. they responded saying they would not refund the charges as they were my fault and i also agreed to the t's & c's. but as a good will gesture they refund £40. wrote back to them thanking them for the £40 and pointing out that they've broke the t's & c's by applying unlawful charges. they responded by stating they disagree but as a sign of goodwill refunded a further £40 and if i wanted anymore id have to go to the financial ombundsman. should i go to the FO or just file a claim with moneyclaim?

cheers

chris

As with your Lloyds thread, can I take it this is the preliminary letter? You are right to seperate your threads, but this is the same question as you asked there.

Please read the FAQ's and step by step instructions more thoroughly as you will find the answers there.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.