Harassment, Bullying, Discrimination- the lot!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading the threads in this area and have been impressed by how helpful everyone is- it's so nice to see!

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on this rather bizarre set of problems.

I have had a number of problems with my employer around bullying and harassment and failure to make reasonable adjustment under the DDA. I have filed a complaint under the internal procedures, through the union - who have been pretty lame overall as I have had to put together most of the arguments for them.

Any way, in amongst all of this I secured a secondment opportunity to another organisation in the summer and am due to go back to my employer at the end of this month, although there is no job for me to go back to- they have restructured and deleted my post(VERY dodgy handling of this!) - so all I have is the possibility of waiting around on redeployment until they make me redundant in 3 months.

Although my employer still pays my wages, the host organisation pays a lump sum to them for my services and any extra expenses occurred in line with my work for them, such as overtime, mileage etc. Things are so bad with my employer that I am thinking of resigning with immediate effect, this leaves the issue of how the additional expenses owed to me are paid by the host organisation as they need to ensure the tax & NIC is properly paid. If they send the claims through to my employer, I wont get anything and it couldnt get put through any sooner because they couldnt agree how the extras were to be paid!!

The host organisation says that they cant pay me directly because I was subcontracted via my employer but surely if that relationship has ended, I should receive the money directly?

There is also a chance that the host organisation will offer me a permanent job, so can they not pay me this money when I am on their payroll?

Any advice, gratefully received

N :)

N - short answer in so. Any money you are owed whilst on secondment MUST come through your proper employer. If you keep suggesting that they pay you directly you may find that the permanent job 'disappears'.

Resigning and claiming constructive dismissal should be a last resort.

I take it you have a formal employment contract with this employer, and they're not a recruitment agency?