Need Advice.

miss scotland
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone - excellent sight, hope I am posting this in the right place. Today my son came in having been turned down for credit yet again, knowing he wasn,t in debt I asked him to get a crdeit reference report online with credit expert, well what we found was that his dads information was all on his report, hubby not to pleased that son got access to his details because of this, are they allowed to do this? and what can we do to sort it out.

Hiya miss scotland

This does and will happen. The Credit Reference Agency will "link" persons who may have a financial connection" or live at the same address. Your son can ask for a "disassociation" from his dads financial information, or your hubby can, but the CRA may not do this since you all live at the same address

It is bad I agree that your son can see your hubbys financial details too on his OWN report, and I only found this all out years ago myself, when I got my first credit report, and saw info for my Dad, my Mum and my brothers

Its very naughty I agree:o

I believe in Fair Debt - not chance

Thank-you for your reply MrTWS - will try for disassociation, did you manage this, or has anybody else managed it, would hate to think he is going to be penalised because of us, we made our mistakes and have tried to guide him not to do the same!!

It would seem really unfair that your son might pay for mistakes you made, but even as parents, we don't always get it right, do we?;)

I would only guess that trying to disassociate or unlink your records, or hubbys, from your sons would be difficult

If he has recently applied for his Credit Reference (your son) has up to 30 days to add any corrections from the date he received his credit file, to write a "note of correction" and see what happens

Good luck and tell him not to give up. Getting credit is not all its cracked up to be, and you have to then maintain payments as we all know ourselves

I believe in Fair Debt - not chance