Beware of Tiscali's free line rental!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds good on the adverts doesn't it.

I've never had an issue with Tiscali in my 2 years of service with them, until now. Just after christmas, I signed up for 2 new options to my package of Broadband and Tiscali Talk. These were free line rental, and a free wireless router if I signed up for another years contract.

The wireless router came through the post OK, and worked fine. I got notification of the cutover of my line rental from BT to Tiscali, which was to be 10th January, according to a letter from BT.

Come the 11th January, and my phone line, although still working, developed an audible crackle whenever I used it. Needless to say, my broadband was also down. I reported the fault to Tiscali, to some Indian call centre. They said the fault would be escalated to a 2nd line support team, and an engineer would be dispatched within the next 24/48 hours.

48 hours later, no engineer. Called Tiscali, they said the fault was with 2nd line support and an engineer would be dispatched within the next 24/48 hours. Again, 48 hours later, no engineer, phoned Tiscali, and.......you guessed it, an engineer will be dispatched within the next 24/48 hours.

I called their cancellation department, in desparation to talk to an english call centre, not that I've got anything against Indian Call centres, but when they use the term 'escalation' it appears to be a rather loose word. The cancellation department supervisor said the issue would be escalated to head office, and I would hear by this Monday.

This Monday came and went, with nothing. So I called their cancallation department again. I was curtly informed that if I cancelled the service, I would be billed for the entire years contract.

I have now phoned BT to move my line rental back to BT, this will be done on the 6th February. I've not informed Tiscali, or called their pathetic help(less) desk, and I do not intend calling them again. Steps are underway to move the broadband supplier, and I have cancelled my Tiscali direct Debit.

I suspect I'm going to have a battle on my hands here, and I am anticipating a 3 month downtime on my broadband, as I think i won't be able to move my service unless Tiscali confirm the cancellation of our contract.

I also suspect that the fault on the line will be resolved once BT move back the line from Tiscali. The wireless router has been packed up, and is ready to be shipped back to Tiscali.

RBS Account 1: Won

RBS Account 2: Won

Capital One: Won

Capital One (Wifes Card): Won

RBS Account 2, round 2: Won

RBS PPI: Won

Also, I would like to add that I tried the new wireless router and old wired router at by sister in laws house, with my old and newly supplied patch cables and old/new splitters, and everything worked. So this proves the fault to exist somewhere between the phone point and exchange. Tiscali Help desk were also informed of this.

RBS Account 1: Won

RBS Account 2: Won

Capital One: Won

Capital One (Wifes Card): Won

RBS Account 2, round 2: Won

RBS PPI: Won

Make sure you've written everything down meticulously so that you have a good report to rely upon. Write down number of calls & each cost. I would also write to them outlining your complaint and state that having received such a dreadful service, you do not expect to pay for breaking the contract. Having attempting to contact them (attach calls list) with no resolution, ask for refund of calls. Send it recorded.

Something along this line usually get these firms to take notice, ie waive the 12m worth of charges.

Try watchdog too as I'm sure you're not the only one!