Repossesion, CCJ and defaults...

GetOnTop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Firstly I actually post on here under a different name. Rather stupidly it resembles my actual real name! For these questions I would like to be completely anonymous!

I have had a rather mis-spent youth with my finances and would like to try and minimise these issues now. I have a mixture of a Repossesion, 2 CCJ's and quite a few defaults...

My first question is quite embarassing.

I had my property repossesed in 2003 due to mortgage arrears. Around the same time they also defaulted my current account for being a matter of pounds overdrawn and an outstanding loan which I had with them with some late payments. (Not secured).

They issued a CCJ against me for the outstanding loan and when they took my house I paid this off straigt away. From this they provided me with rather a large lump sum that i used to pay off all my other debtors. Many of which had already defaulted me!.

So what I would like to do now is try and get the defaults in relation to my current account and loan removed from my credit file. However the below section on my credit file mentions nothing about the repo.

------------------------

Repossession Information

Members of the Council of Mortgage Lenders record information on customers who have given up their homes or had them repossessed. If you have any queries about the repossession information shown, and would like to contact the company concerned, there is a list of useful addresses in the Profile section of your report. Repossession information may be recorded at up to three addresses - the address which was repossessed or surrendered and your previous and forwarding address(es)

No data was retrieved for this section.

------------------------

If I question the defaults do you think I would be opening a can of worms and they might populate the information above correctly?

I am completely aware that I have got away very very lightly with the repo and no information being recorded so pls pls no lectures :)

Many Thanks

GOT

If they successfully obtained a CCJ, I do not think you will be able to remove the harmful information without over turning the CCJ, which would be very difficult at this stage.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks Tomterm

I think I will just go and try and get the other defaults removed then. I have 4 additional ones. Do you think it is worth getting rid of them?

The starting point would be

2 CCJ's

6 defaults

The ending point would be

2 CCJ's

2 defaults

Would it be worth it or would I still be looked on as the same risk regardless of the reduced defaults.

Thanks

I don't honestly think it would make all that much difference... one you have 2 CCJ's your credit rating will be shot to pieces, and it will be very difficult to get credit anyway - at least, at a reasonable cost.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.