Ccj's And Old Addresses

72bluenose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, please excuse me if this question sounds stupid i am not that clued up on these things.

Whilst living with my parents i had a unsecured bank loan with NR for 3k in 2001.

Because of various problems at home i ended up leaving in 2001 and working away from home for a couple of years , now i just neglected to inform NR of any changes of address and stopped paying off the loan. My parents said they just sent letters back saying not at this address anymore. Now i am an homeowner (mortgaged) living with my wife.

I recived a phone call from a Mackezie hall in Nov 2007 ASKING ME ABOUT THIS LOAN, I DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE LOAN AND SAID IT MUST BE IDENTITY THEFT.

Then i received letters saying they are acting on their clients behalf to reclaim the debt now at £3491.

Now this where i might have cocked up, i ignored the letters until i got one in Jan 08 from MERITFORCE about a doorstep collection, that is when i found this website and sent a letter claiming the debt is statue barred 6yrs had passed.

I know it's long winded but i am getting there, what if a CCJ was placed on this debt at my parents address in my absence how do i find out. And where do i stand in fighting the DCA. I know i should pay the debt but want to make sure it's not statue barred.

Any advise or help is welcome

Thanks

Thanks 42man, have sent one of those to both Meritforce and Mackenzie Hall, Last week and have heard nothing yet. Just a bit concerned that the debt may have a CCJ on it from when i was living at my parents, my parents (we are now talking again) have never had a visit from anyone reguarding the debt. How can i check for a CCJ.

How can i check for a CCJ.

This may be difficult if the judgment was entered over six years ago. usually the records are no longer kept and the judgment may have fallen off your credit file.

To be honest, if there *was* a judgment you'll soon know about it as the people chasing you are likely to tell you.

Keep with the Statute Barred approach, the onus is on the others to prove they have the right to chase you.