HFC fined for PPI misselling - game over for them!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just recieved a response from the Financial Ombudsman giving HFC 8 weeks to respond to my complaint, as if that will make a difference, what i need to know is...my SAR (Subject, Acces,Request) from HFC fell on deaf ears as they have only sent me a pile of nonsense from this one particular loan from 2004 with no proper documentation not even a statement, they also said that any system generated letters cannot be enclosed with their response as copies are not kept (b******ks) so where is the default notice they served on my account in 2005 gone,they are just hiding all my info and yet i have had 4 finance agreements prior to 2004 from 2000/2001 and they have failed the 40 day deadline and have been non-compliant with my request, so i've been looking on the HMCS on obtaining a court order to force them to comply, do any of you know which order i need to complete so that i can get all my information out of HFC and claim more PPI/Charges etc

Regards Gordon

Hi ALL,

I've just recieved a letter from the FOS giving HFC 8 weeks to respond to my complaint on my PPI, so will wait to see what bull they speel, on a different note, i've been looking at the HMCS site ad trying to gather info on obtaining a court order as HFC have failed and have not complied with my SAR (Subject,Access, Request)after nearly 55 days they have only given me read outs from a computer concerning the loan i have had from 2004,ie telephone call logs all though i have had 4 other finance agreements three years prior from 2001-2004, they cannot or just didnt bother sending me this info, not one statement of charges etc and not a copy of the default notice they served on my account in 2005 (without me knowing), the also said that any system generated letters cannot be enclosed with the rubbish info they sent me because copies are not kept, i mean howay man, what are they like? total idiots, so do any of you know which order i need to complete to force them to comply with my request. Any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated as the HMRC site is a mine field.

Regards Gordon

As a bank, HFC have been regulated since 2000 - but for the sale of insurance they have been regulated since January 2005. There are numerous other factors that come into play though, as I believe that the PPI would be classed as a linked transaction to the credit agreement - on that basis, they should look at claims back to 2000.

Probably depends on the particular circumstances.

Hi All,

Just had a phone call from a DCA about my loan with These lot, she said she has got the info from HFC and wants to help, but as the conversation went on HFC did not give her the corrct info, she didnt know where i been working for the past three years, she didnt thought i was living with my parents, so i explained i was not going to give any info over the phone, and also said that because HFC have the same info regarding many issues i have with them then she should ask for all the info and not just some stupid employees account of my buisness with them, so they got none or all the wrong info, they are confused as to what issue i have with them, and now they've envolved a DCA, now we are getting somewhere, i have also recieved a letter stating that they are looking into my complaint (hope those idiots understand what mis-sold PPI means)so seem to be going in circles, but as i said i've saved and filed all communication i have had with HFC so they cannot say they are unaware, i now know that they have incorrect info relating to my personal circumstances, this list of incompitance grows longer and longer, and i am also still waiting for My SAR so i'll send them a letter in the morning (recorded)giving them a week, then i'll also phone the HMRC to ask about a court order for their non-compliance. HFC are just the most useless people i have ever known, can wait to stuff'em.

Reagrds Gordon

• 1 month later...

Article also in the press over the weekend about Land of Leather being fined £210,000 by the FSA over their PPI processes, which includes a personal fine of £14K against their Chief Exec for failing to oversee the procedures in place by the firm.

There's a fantastic quote in the FSA release which states that "......delegating authority for dealing with PPI does not mean delegating responsibility....."

For settling early, Land of Leather had their penalty reduced by 30% as did their Chief Exec who could have been liable for a £20,000 fine for his role.

I'm certainly going to make the Halifax aware of this decision as the correspondence I have had from them which refutes the mis-selling of PPI cover on my credit card has come direct from their Office of the Chief Executive and I have argued that this is evidence of their advocacy of mis-selling throughout their organisation.

Well done the FSA for forcing a Chief Exec to take responsibility for the PPI failings of their organisation.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Excellect Thread

I need to write a letter to HFC, is there any templates I can view for a guide?

thanks

Edited by scousepie

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Interesting quote from the solicitors who were acting against HFC:

"The PPI market has been the subject of intense regulatory scrutiny amid claims that it is unnecessary and expensive. The policies, designed to insulate consumers from an unforeseen loss of income, are highly profitable, with lenders earning as much as £1,200 from a policy that costs only £20 to sell, according to the Competition Commission".

So now we know - £20 to sell a policy and the possibility of making thousands. This really can be described as a non-protection racket.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

• 4 months later...

I have only found out after two years of hassle with this hfc.There arragont rude and dont care and i have even got bad health now because of them with all the stress,Im at my wits end with them and really need some help on this one: Ieven got family to tell them to **** off or even that i am dead? they ring 7 8 9 10 11 12 times a day ive even changed me numbers 5 times? :confused:

In 2005 i bought a laptop for work reasons form pc world in the uk. for the price of 799 however the sales man place a extra 200 pound payment protection plan on top of the payment of hire agreement.

I clearly said no to this and they said i need to be at 1,000 pounds to get the laptop.

I questioned the sales guy about this and he agreed to do sale for 799.99p (to my knowledge i never known he put the 200 on top of the price after saying no to him until 14 days after sale which was too late.)

So i went to work happy knowing i got my laptop business sorted and paying by direct debit.I paid till i got a balance of 300 pounds or so owing,I asked hfc to take the reminding off my card of 150 or so till i was left with 100 or so left.They said they wud get it sorted out and contact me. fine

6 months later i joined the forces in the u.k was training and was working in duration for 2 years places.hFc broke there promise i set up a direct debit with my old bank account and left at that.They never took a payment and cancelled my direct debit their end saying the bank delined it when clearly they never did bank official stated when in correspondent.However hfc wacked on charges of 45 pounds per dd fail and so did the bank (28 pounds) which left me to close the account in the present time stated? so i went opened a new account.They hit my credit card with a 300 pound overdrawn hit...(this makesd that dam old laptop now in total over 1200 pounds paid). I refused to pay anymore but they claimed i still owe money to them and if i dont pay i am defulting my contractional obligations or summit. I told em to **** off"

now in 2008 i get them all the time writing to my dads address, stating i owe over a 1,000 pounds uk money and that i inrest is being added until i come and arrange payment. I have 35 different laptops since then.I cant seem to upgrade my current account to a proper account im stuck with a post office account and i dont know how to prove this ****en company have ripped me off as it feels they have the law on their side as well as a major bank. I have been to c.a.b wrote to the financial service and almost everyone i know even m.ps and been brushed off time after time after time.I have lost my credit card cos of them takingmoney. With all the stress of them ringing and ringing and ringing and saying stupid things like ya took the loan mr x it our own fault when ya gunna pay i am now gone from being fit as a fiddle to type one diabetic and had 1 small heart attack? which i am fine now but they ring 12 13 14 15..

Ive decided to aviod them but i cant seem to do that but i wanna put this to bed and end it any ideas?

the I hate hfc with a passion man.

HFC are the **** of the earth, they miss sold a PPI agreement to me after they were fined in Jan 2005. shame on them.

HFC Stands for:

High Fictitious Charges:

Anyhoo don't get to upset as you have rights.

1st, you need to send HFC a CCA Request to find out if they have a signed agreement.

2nd, send a SARs request letter, this is for all the information on your account plus charges and payments ect that they hold. its your right to obtain these docks.

have a look in the Letter Template Libarary for all the letters.

if you have any problems filling or locationg the forms please post.

oh, and send your letters registered post as proof.

good luck.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i need of a bit of assistance here , i've just recieved a letter from the HFC bank stating that i am in 5,538.44 in arrears on a loan i took out with them on the 12th of april 2005, i entered into an agreement where i understood that all interest would be frozen and i would pay 140 per month of that loan , which i have keep up since the agreement was made. Where do i stand?? as the total balance of the loan was 8,000 , i'm really in a bit of shock recieving this

gnasher2000

Abbey national - letter sent for charge details 26/04/06

Letter sent asking for charges back

12/05/2006

Letter before action sent

24/05/06

claim to be filed on the 13/06/06

Hi All

I've been surfing all over the PPI forums and don't know if I've got the right one here, but I've bee battling for almost a year with HFC/Beneficial Finance and what a pain in the neck they are!

Due to our current financial situation, as my hubby cannot work due to a cancerous brain tumour, I started the long haul process of contacting them to state our financial position. They are so arrogant!

I've got them back to the negotiating table at the moment, but these fools are demanding £110.00 per month when after deducting for all priorty debts, I can only pay them £35.00 per month which I am paying.

A letter from their Collections office in Birmingham dated 3rd December clearly states that THEY cancelled my PPI on May 26th 2006. I didn't know this had been done and yet they have been adding PPI charges to the balance on my statements since that date and recently stopped it from November 17th 2008 due to this debt problem. I had no idea that this policy was cancelled and it only came to my attention after I initiated a claim for a mis-sold policy.:shock:

I'm furious!!!:evil: I have been deceived by them and wrongly charged here!

I am now drafting up a letter to ask for all the statements going back over the last six years to find out the full extent of the amount they have taken from me even when the premiums should have been stopped over two years ago!

Any advice on this would help so much.

Connie1963:cry:

Hello connie,

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.