Maria V HSBC Bank

jasmeet78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I submitted the letter of Data protection requesting the bank for the history or statements accompanied by £10 fees on 22nd June,2006.

Today I received a letter in response to that with £10 attached to it saying that I asked for original statements and they will only provide me copies of my statements. It was not mentioned in the letter that I want original statements and also they returned £ 10 in the post. Do you think they are trying to get rid of that 40 days notice. Would anyone please advise me what to do now. Does anyone thinks that I need give them a data protection notice with reply to that letter and £ 10 again or are they bound to action that in 40 days and will the copies of the satements serve the purpose.

Please advise and help..

Thanking you in anticipation..

Regards

Maria

did they say that the fee had been waived ,and that copies of your statements would be along shortly, if not reply to them with your £10 again and ask for copies of your original statements, and stick to the initial timetable that you stated i.e. dont start your 40 days again

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks Maverick... I didnt get anything in writing saying that this is a refund of £10.. It just states 'sorry for the delay in writing and we understand that you want original statements but unfortunately bank holds the satements in a different format.We are in a process of getting copies of statements on your accounts including credit card for last 6 years.. ' Surprisingly I have held an a/c for 4 years only..Seems like a standard reply.. Would you advise me to send a reply again with £10 mentioning that original date still holds for 40 days purpose and ask for original statements instead when they have already refused that they can give copies..Please help

Thanks Maverick... I didnt get anything in writing saying that this is a refund of £10.. It just states 'sorry for the delay in writing and we understand that you want original statements but unfortunately bank holds the satements in a different format.We are in a process of getting copies of statements on your accounts including credit card for last 6 years.. ' Surprisingly I have held an a/c for 4 years only..Seems like a standard reply.. Would you advise me to send a reply again with £10 mentioning that original date still holds for 40 days purpose and ask for original statements instead when they have already refused that they can give copies..Please help

no i think all is well, its probably just the wording thats thrown you off, it sounds like they will have the statements on their way to you soon, any other questions feel free, or if not and you're unsure, just wait for the initial 40 days to elapse, and if you havent received anything by then let us know ok? :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I have got my statements for my current and credit card a/c:) ..Now it comes to careful calculating. I have read thru threads. Could you pls clarify if I need to reclaim 'to total charges £125 every month ' levied on my a/c every month.Also please tell me if I need to send two different letters on current and credit card as I am making seperate excel sheets..Will someone please help..thanks..

Could you pls clarify if I need to reclaim 'to total charges £125 every month ' levied on my a/c every month.

Yes

Also please tell me if I need to send two different letters on current and credit card as I am making seperate excel sheets..Will someone please help..thanks..

Yes, as long as both are in your name and combined claim is under £5000. Mention both a/c in your letters