Calling CurlyBen Rory32, & all Others - 1stCredit & LLoyds

depressed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a multitude of financial difficulties, from FV-1 and HSBC to HBOS.

May i start with this one with 1st Credit.

I had a LLoyds account, i walked into my bank an Authority to close the account whilst it was in credit. I went to europe came back months later to find that, Sky had renewed a Direct Debit, payments left account, whilst there was a £250 overdraft limit, all have been exceeded.

The debt demanded is now £500.00,

But what happened to my request to the close the account.

The majority of debt has to be illegal charges.

Question :-

Where do i stand on the CCA aspect of it, is the bank excempt because it was a bank account, or is it different because an overdraft is involved, does it come into the realms of CCA.

What letter do i need to rocket to 1stCredit, i have read the forums for weeks, and they seem to be complete anal about everything.

My position regarding this at least is : I do not owe this debt, i have a copy of the letter that i walked into the branch, demanding cancellation of the account.

I'm on the verge of COLLAPSE

Did you sign anything to close the Bank Account. My first stop would be with the Bank to see what action they took about closing your account. Also ask to see the DD mandate from Sky. See if your signature is on it. DDs can also be paid back to your account if they were mistakenly charged. Contad 1st Credit IN WRITING and tell them that the alleged debt is in dispute. NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

i think one of curlybens letters should do the trick, amend to suit an throw it at first crud

To add to PT's post.

Get a SAR into LTSB and find out exactly what has gone on with this, as it appears they have ignored your closure notice.

Now once/if 1st reply throw this at them as there is clearly a dispute.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too