My new Abbey Nightmare.

Kerrie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the start of the year I settled before court with Abbey for over £5000.00. Through dealing with their legal team all pending charges would also be wiped clear leaving the account clear.

Several months later, totally out of the blue we receive a letter stating that we would be charged overdraft interest for the period before when there payment cheque cleared into our account.

We disputed this but were told that it would be taken. They took the charge off (we have no cards or access to the account), next month we received another letter saying we had gone overdrawn etc - more charges.

This went on and on while they "looked into" the complaint we had filed regarding the account being clear. Meanwhile each month they still added another charge so it went up to about £90 overdrawn - totally nothing to do with us as we weren't using the account.

Then we got a letter saying - sorry, it was totally their error and the original interest shouldn't have been debited, meaning no other charges should have been incurred. The letter said they had removed the charges and the account would show at zero again in a couple of days.

When it did I know I should really of closed the account there and then, but I didn't and 2 months later (at the beginning of last week) another statement comes charging us another £25.00.

I seriously cannot believe this. I have not used the account since November last year apart from in April to withdraw the balance of the cheque that they had paid me for the penalty charges leaving the account at zero.

Is this harrassment. they are constantly ruining my credit score each time they log me as having charges which I shouldn't be having. i have even got it in black and white to say they were at fault but they are still taking money.

Is there anything I can do about this, it is really wearing me out.

thanks, kerrie

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

Hi Kerrie, hope you are ok apart from this nonsense, this is bloody awful isnt it, you should complain and ask them to take off the £25 and then close the account and make sure that they confirm this is writing, keep all paperwork, you might well need it.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

yes i think closing the account is your best bet. Abbey play nasty when it comes to charges im afraid. I would also highly recommend calling to make sure your account is closed. At the min it is taking aprox 4-6 months to close accounts!! They will fob you off with delays/backlogs/etc just make sure they do it!!

Hi Lula, nice to see ur still around - I haven't been on for a while.

I guess this means yet another trip to the branch, not before they get a nice polite letter telling them I am not impressed with their form of constant harrasment and if they don't stop it and close my account then I will appoint a solicitor to sort it out!!!

When I think of the trouble I am in now, due to high mortgage rates, high APR etc just because I had such a bad credit score, which is 80% down to their charges and me going overdrawn each month.

I would love to check my credit record just to see what it looks like because if they are still affecting it I will not be pleased.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.