PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, that was pretty much what I was going to do anyway but thought it was best to see if anyone knew anymore about it. Didn't mention it earlier but one of these letters says "YOU HAVE LOST THE RIGHT TO APPEAL!". As is my understanding the right to appeal is not something that VCS can give or take from people without a lengthy court process which they would certainly lose.

Anyway will keep people updated on how I get on.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"YOU HAVE LOST THE RIGHT TO APPEAL!".

That happened when they slapped a parking invoice on your car......:D

The vast majority of PPC's treat any communication as an appeal and reject it as a matter of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys

i am another victim of this PCN. i also didnt pay the first £80. received a letter today saying i owe them £120. after reading the posts, i am deciding to ignore this NTO as well. i must admit that there was a sign for not parking where i parked, but it was put up a few hours after i gt the PCN. am i right to still ignore all letters from them?

Please help..

I have now received a 2nd unpleasant letter which Vehicle Control Services Ltd who state it is a formal Notice of Rejection. While I appreciate that there is the option to ride this out, the general tone of the letters are unpleasant and threatening and to be frank I just want them to stop (easier said than done I realise). May I ask has anyone used the service Ticketshield offered by TicketShield - how to beat private parking tickets — The Roadside Lawyer or is this another [problem]? Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have now received a 2nd unpleasant letter which Vehicle Control Services Ltd who state it is a formal Notice of Rejection.

Whatever that means

While I appreciate that there is the option to ride this out, the general tone of the letters are unpleasant and threatening

That's what they are designed to be

and to be frank I just want them to stop (easier said than done I realise).

If you engage them in correspondence you will just encourage them to write you more threatening and unpleasant letters, they start thinking you are wavering about paying so turn up the heat.

May I ask has anyone used the service Ticketshield offered by TicketShield - how to beat private parking tickets — The Roadside Lawyer or is this another [problem]? Many thanks

I personally have no knowledge of this service, but it is cheaper and easier to just ignore the clowns..

Hope this helps.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

I recevied my 1st letter of payment demand today, should I acknowledge the letter and tell them to contact the driver and not the car owner or shall I just ignore this letter as well.

I don't want them to send a debt collector out as I won't be able to tell the debt collector that the case is in dispute since I have not responded at all.

Any view on this?

I recevied my 1st letter of payment demand today, should I acknowledge the letter and tell them to contact the driver and not the car owner or shall I just ignore this letter as well.

I don't want them to send a debt collector out as I won't be able to tell the debt collector that the case is in dispute since I have not responded at all.

Any view on this?

I can assure you that you will be waiting an immense amount of time for a debt collector to visit you, even if they did they have absolutely no more legal authority than you or I so you would just tell them to leave or you would call the Police - all just empty threats to make you cough up - ignore them and more importantly, laugh at them.

Have a good one,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Yes, just ignore.

Why would you have to tell the debt collector anything other than ,'Get the f*ck off my property'?

regards

• 1 month later...
I'm having to dispute a ticket from these rip-off merchants at the moment.

I'll let you know how it goes :cool: and will upload the letters and whatnot when I feel its no longer ongoing.

Many thanks to all those who've contributed on these forums.

Why are you having a dispute with them? That implies you are actually communicating with them which only makes the whole process last longer. Just ignore them is the easiest thing to do.

Edited by crem

Well apart from the cost and hassle of getting things sent by registered mail I'm almost enjoying the squabble.

And just in case they do pursue me to court I want to be in a position to quash their claim.

That said I wish the government would actually do something and clamp down on the extortion, I'd imagine most people just pay-up.

Well apart from the cost and hassle of getting things sent by registered mail I'm almost enjoying the squabble.

And just in case they do pursue me to court I want to be in a position to quash their claim.

How does responding to them give you any better position if the matter goes to court?

That said I wish the government would actually do something and clamp down on the extortion, I'd imagine most people just pay-up.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. My logic has been that if this did go to court (though judging from this forum it never does) I'd be able to prove from the correspondence history that I've been acting sensibly and reasonably throughout whilst dealing with a company unable to justify its claim against me and therefore essentially attempting to extort money.

I've also considered that perhaps VCS would be less likely to pursue someone who has done the research and responded coherently to their accusations and would instead go for someone who's ignored everything and might not present a defence.

That said this approach has cost me a few quid in recorded letters and some time, though worth it for me I think for the experience of dealing with these sorts of things.

Cheers :)

I've also considered that perhaps VCS would be less likely to pursue someone who has done the research and responded coherently to their accusations and would instead go for someone who's ignored everything and might not present a defence.

You give them far too much credibility

That said this approach has cost me a few quid in recorded letters and some time,

As you state it has cost you money not to mention your time, for which VCS will have ignored anything contained within your letters and your position is no better had you completely ignored them. But if you feel better taking the course of action you have that is your choice.

Cheers :)

regards

• 2 months later...

Hi Lauren,

I received three letters from them, all of which I replied to with letters modeled on the ones available from here, all basically saying that yes I am the registered keeper of the car [not necessarily owner] but expect them to show who was driving or otherwise prove that its my duty to disclose who was driving. They replied with various letters, all with official sounding jargon, like it being my duty under such and such an act to know who was in control of the vehicle, all rubbish of course. By the third I was getting a bit bored of the letters so I sent a cease and desist letter, they responded with photos of the car and more demands that I pay. I ignored this and haven't heard anything since (been a couple of months).

If I got another, I'd do the same. Most on here suggest ignoring all the letters, which you'd probably be fine doing, but personally I'd rather follow this process (and paper trail), this way I feel you'd have an advantage at court.

I could post up the letters I sent later if you'd think it useful?

Edited by Stewie_Griffin

Stewie_Griffin - what has happened to your case since April?

I received a PCN from VCS last night when parking in the car park or my friend's residential apartments. This is ridiculous!

ignore it!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Lauren,

I received three letters from them, all of which I replied to with letters modeled on the ones available from here, all basically saying that yes I am the registered keeper of the car [not necessarily owner] but expect them to show who was driving or otherwise prove that its my duty to disclose who was driving. They replied with various letters, all with official sounding jargon, like it being my duty under such and such an act to know who was in control of the vehicle, all rubbish of course. By the third I was getting a bit bored of the letters so I sent a cease and desist letter, they responded with photos of the car and more demands that I pay. I ignored this and haven't heard anything since (been a couple of months).

If I got another, I'd do the same. Most on here suggest ignoring all the letters, which you'd probably be fine doing, but personally I'd rather follow this process (and paper trail), this way I feel you'd have an advantage at court.

I could post up the letters I sent later if you'd think it useful?

i wouldn't waste the poster nor the paper or printer ink.

it makes no diff at all even if it went to court, which BTW NO PPC's ever have!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i wouldn't waste the poster nor the paper or printer ink.

it makes no diff at all even if it went to court, which BTW NO PPC's ever have!

dx

I think there are cases of PPC going to court, though I don't think they've ever won.

As for making no difference if it went to court, that'd be up to the judge.

I remember these guys, I got one in Sheffield a few years ago. At the time I never read this forum but ignored it. They got my details from DVLA and so I wrote to them saying that I don't know anything about the ticket. they replied, i ignored, and then they kept sending me stuff clearly from them but I just scribbled not at this address and put back in the post. Needless to say, I stopped hearing from them after that!

Thanks everyone!

I have emailed an appeal letter, but I think after the letter I will most likely get saying 'NO! Pay up.' I'll just ignore. Seems best course of action. Gave my uni address anyway so we'll see if they can find me in a couple of months!

I can't believe companies like this exist. They actually also patrol the University of Sheffield car parks as well. Its hard to swallow the fact that part of my tuition fees goes towards these ripoff merchants.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks