Sara vs HSBC Grad Account

sarahickerton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

been nervously reading around this site for a few weeks after hearing how we are legally entiled to our charges back- so i have come to join in!

I sent the template Data Protection Subject Acess Request Letter off, with a chque- i had to borrow from my mom as i have now been cut off with all facilities! - its a graduate - well i should say was 1 a graduate account...am lucky enough to have the best mom ever and she has lent me the whole amount to pay back overdraft and loan they demanded back form me- which i think they could obviousley see i did not have. Just waiting now for repsonse from letter sent last Tuesday.

Opened up parachute account- like everyone advised here- Barclays- but can only have cash card. No hope of a mortgage just yet then!

will keep you all informed.

Bit scared....and worried, but hopefully youll all help me out with next steps!

Hi everyone,

been nervously reading around this site for a few weeks after hearing how we are legally entiled to our charges back- so i have come to join in!

I sent the template Data Protection Subject Acess Request Letter off, with a chque- i had to borrow from my mom as i have now been cut off with all facilities! - its a graduate - well i should say was 1 a graduate account...am lucky enough to have the best mom ever and she has lent me the whole amount to pay back overdraft and loan they demanded back form me- which i think they could obviousley see i did not have. Just waiting now for repsonse from letter sent last Tuesday.

Opened up parachute account- like everyone advised here- Barclays- but can only have cash card. No hope of a mortgage just yet then!

will keep you all informed.

Bit scared....and worried, but hopefully youll all help me out with next steps!

no need to worry as long as you follow the steps properly you'll be fine

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Got my letter last night- reply about the statements! and recieved my cheque back! their doing it for free! ...anyway- now just waiting for statements- ive asked for 8 years worth- the whole time ive had the account? - i have been reading that its mostly from six years- is there a right or wrong certain length of time to ask charges back from??

I reckon im going to have opile to sort through! ...yet loads of repayment in charges- and some donation money for this site!!! ...i would never have known what, where and how to even start without this site and everyone in it! Thank you!

The letters made me quite excited now! ...the bank deserve it their so rude to me- one day ill be their best customer!!!

Sarah

As far as I am aware you can only claim 6 years worth of charges, I am sure someone with a bit more knowledge on the subject can confirm this.

I just posted by initial letter today so we are on the same timetable roughly, be interesting to see the different timescales involved.

Good luck with it.

Merlz

"The world wants to be fooled ... so fool it" - Pavel

Merlz,

In all the reading that ive done on this site- it seems that everyone has claimed up to six years and no more- not a problem- i will just probably recive more statements- but just add up six year charges.

Will let you know when i get my statements!!! - im sure it will take a while to recieve the whole lot (poor postman)!

Sara

Merlz,

In all the reading that ive done on this site- it seems that everyone has claimed up to six years and no more- not a problem- i will just probably recive more statements- but just add up six year charges.

Will let you know when i get my statements!!! - im sure it will take a while to recieve the whole lot (poor postman)!

Sara

you can only claim up to 6 years at the moment , although the possibility of going back further is still being looked into

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thought so...just from reading on the site- but thank you very ,uch for confirming maverick.

Recieved the first 3 years of statements last night- niot as many charges as expected- not as bad as i thought i was- but i will still be claiming! £300.

perhaps the previous years might contain more charges, although i found that it wasnt as much, because the actual charges themselves were less back then

• 2 weeks later...

I hevent posted anything for a while- becuase im still waiting all my staements- had loads coming daily at one point...and now nothing- think im going to have to contact them- kind of them to waver the fee for the stements- but i think they purposeley 'lose' some in the post! ...my charges so far arent half as much as i thought theyd be- i did used to argue the chrages as they added them on- and alot of the time- i did find some nice ones that naughtily wavered them for me- the trick was i used to take down their name and then kept askign for the same person- it seems to kind of flatter them and they start taking much better care of you!! ...try it! .......still claiming my charges anyway- im going to contact them and get the rest of my statements.

sorry extremely long post here but...just wondering if anyones seen how much is in the papers at the mo on refunding unlawful bank charges? and the man living in wales whos helped loads of people for free! ....also how now courts are throwing out the cases as they know that the banks will not win- but do you think this will work against the whole process? although the more people claim them- surely the less the banks are likely to charge- unless they start targeting the really culnerable who they know wont claim, like the eldrely who ofetn will not kno the first step to claiming them back.