• Tweets

• @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
    • He also useing he girlfriend to phone and mesage people as well
    • No TIC sheet with journeys history as I can see within the letter pack. Should there be one? Maybe they didn't look into it thoroughly?  No other pleading letter, only the one from above.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Daliai VS LTSB

Daliai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Daliai,

One thing which will help you through is reading and re-reading threads of others who have successfully finished their claims - such as my own, Mjanet's, PrincessAphrodite's, etc etc etc. Do not be disheartened by Lloyd's tactics, that is exactly what they're hoping for. Carry on with your course of action - their 14 day's response time for the LBA is well and truly up, so read up about filing a claim - in particular the "Particulars of Claim" (!) in the Bank Templates Library, then head over to http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and get that claim filed :D :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just filled in my money claim online as llyods refused to pay up after LLB..so I'm now waiting. I filled it in online and it didn't allow me to attached the claim detail i.e the charges statment? is this normal?

Hi

No you can't send attachments, if you do the following:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

And send the same to SCM (solicitors) when the claim is acknowledged.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi Barty..thanks for your response. Its very helpful.

Will they write back to me then to tell me it acknowledged? i have printed two copies of the charges along with you letter text above to the court manager. do i need to wait from them before i send another one to SCM (who are they)?

i was also wondering how long is it before you hear from the court?

cheers

Hi

It will come up on the Moneyclaim website that it has been acknowledged, and then you receive a letter in the post about it.

When they acknowledge, send the letter to SC&M (these are Lloyd's Solicitors).

Lloyds have 28 days from when the claim was served (it is served about 5 days after you have done it) to enter a defence. When they enter a defence, you receive a copy of it the post along with an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. The court will then get back to you with a court date, when you have sent the AQ back.

Hope that helps a bit, let us know if you have any more questions.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Hi

If you keep checking on the Moneyclaim website, it will come up on there if it has been acknowledged and then later if a defence has been filed. I know when I did my claim I was checking obsessively on there several times a day! Must get a life....:roll:

Hi

They will pay up, it'll be next year probably now. They will enter a defence next, then you will receive an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. Once the courts receive your AQ you will receive a court date.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Barty..I'm getting nervous now as they have entered a defence and i will now get a questionaire..what will i have to do in court..will i need to stand up and defend my self ;-( help?

Hi

It is highly unlikely it will get as far as the Court room, they normally settle before then.

Have a look at these links for details on filling in your AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

• 1 month later...

Hey barty ..i just got back from honey moon and had found out that i had one day left to complete the AQ before its ruled out and case closed so i panicked and went to the court and filled out there quickly without taking time to attached all documnets and writing a detailed comment for the judge?? could this lose the case for me can i do anything at this point? a bit worried now as i have paid £250 so far in this case?? and how long does it take for me to hear back from them?

Hi

I can't see it losing your case, can you remember what you put in section G, Other Information??

I would give the Court a ring and ask what is happening with your case.

Don't panic:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

I have just received a letter with a court hearing date of 22nd March. has any one been taking to court that can give me some advice ..what do i need to do? it says to submit any eveidence i have before hearing- can any one advice??

Hi

When does your evidence have to be at the Court by?

Have a look at these couple of links to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

it was sent on 26th Feb but i'm in the proccess of moving house so i only received it in the weekend? i had a look at al the stuff you sent through but there is far too much to read through and hand in my tommorow? any advice you can give me?

did you go to court ..if so what actually happens..do you also reckon that banks or solictors have access to this site and can see what we are writting?

do they need to send me their defence as i have had any corrospondence at all from LTSB since they wrote and refused my LBA ..

also want to ask i have paid £250 so far towards this case..how easy is it to claim this back plus the day off i have to take for the hearing? i thought they would pay up before this??

Hi

Yes there is a load of stuff to print and that. How about ringing the Court, asking if you can have a couple of extra days to sort out your evidence as you have been moving house?? LTSB will also have to submit their evidence as well, and they never do this.

Chances are they will settle before the Court date, but if the Court has asked you to submit your evidence, you need to do so or your claim could be struck out.

You should have had a copy of their defence, seems a bit strange??

You will get your £250 back in your settlement, and if it gets that far and you take a day off work and they don't show, I think they will have to pay for that also.

I'd ring the Court if I was you.

• Haha 1

Hi Barty,

Thank you so much for your help and support-much appreciated!

I did call and they said i had to fill in a form and pay £35..do you think i should do this .. its extra costs at the same time i don't see how i can submitt all the info by tommorow?

did your actually get to court?

Well I suppose it's better paying £35 than having your claim struck out.:)

They settled mine about 3 weeks before my Court date. They always settle before the Court date, but there have been cases where it's been the day before. I know it's a pain doing all the printing and preparing for the Court bundle, but just keep thinking of all the money you will be getting soon!

Hey Barty- you have been a great help!

i guess you are right! i'd better apply for extra time if its not done by tomorrow..i'll try reading as much as i can tonight if i can send by tom. then i will..just to simplify things for me..what did you personnally sent out to the court before the hearing?

Cheers

D

Luckily for me they settled before I started on my Court Bundle. Everything you need is in the links I gave you, you also need copies of your statements that have charges on, letters between you and Lloyds, etc, it's all there in the bundle link.

Happy Printing!:)

Hi Barty..

guess what! really confused about what happened!

I called the court and asked them to send me a copy of the form i have to fill in for the delay in court hearing...so because i'm moving out from parents it took a while to get it but i just logged into my llyods current account and found my £1850 deposited from money claim...now i have a question...i didn't GET THE MONEY I PAID FOR THE ALLOCATION QUESTIONNAIRE? do i call them and ask for it or do you not get that back? that's great though! I'm sooo happy since we are broke too:-) thank you evey one for your help!!