Bank Charges for Jooper

Jooper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR is on way[just recieved letter.

Also as the dates of the actual charges are over six years old is this debt now unenforceable?

The account itself was then closed on 21/05/02.

Does the debt itself run in conjunction with the closing of the account?Or

from exact dates charged?

Any Help always gratefully received.

Merry Christmas

Jooper

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it good people.

The reply from Lowells reads as follows:

Dear Jooper

Further to my letter dated 5 December 2008,I have now investigated your complaint fully and would respond as follows:

Your comments that this account is in Dispute and that we have breached the OFT guidelines by attempting to collect the outstanding amount owed has been noted.Please be informed that we are unaware of any ongoing dispute on this account.On receiving your comments infirming us of the above we requested details of the dispute from you in our letter of July 13 2007.As we did not receive any response from you we ,activities were continued as normal.On receiving your recent correspondence in which you informed us that the same was a formal complaint,all activities were suspended and our complaints procedure was instigated according to regulatory requirements.Your comments as outlined above are therefore not accepted.

However,in view of the commercial viability of continuing with our pursuit of this debt,the decision has been made to cease collection activities and close this account forthwith.You should no longer be contacted with regards to this matter.I must reiterate that this decision has been made solely on the above reason and not as an admission of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

Please not that under the terms of our Complaints Procedure this is our final response.Should it be the case that you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.You need to do this within six months of the date of this letter.For more information please see the enclosed guide,Your Complaint and the Ombudsman.

Well talk about covering you back,still the fact that they are now going to leave me alone can only really be seen as a win.

I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who has read and advised me with this thread.

I honestly could not have done it without this fantastic web site.

Thanks again from a very happy Jooper.