• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

New Starter Needs Slight Help

allison saberton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read all the horror stories on this website, I am printing off the DPA letter as we speak. However, I have a daft question. My bank is Abbey and someone kindly put where to send the letter to but who do I make the cheque out to for the £10 fee as I don't want them to return it as a delaying tactic

Is this really worth doing???

Allison

Are we meant to guess which bank? You've posted the same question 4 times now - 3 times in the Cahoot forum and once in the Abbey forum. Your question has already been answered but you have still kept posting the same question.

Who do you bank with? If you bank with both banks then the cheques should be made payable to 'Cahoot' and 'Abbey' respectively.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Are we meant to guess which bank? You've posted the same question 4 times now - 3 times in the Cahoot forum and once in the Abbey forum. Your question has already been answered but you have still kept posting the same question.

Who do you bank with? If you bank with both banks then the cheques should be made payable to 'Cahoot' and 'Abbey' respectively.

Thank you for answering my question but this site is not clear on how to put questions on and certainly how to find where the answers go and how to retrieve them so I am sorry that I put it on 4 times

Hi Allison, just thought id'e say don't worry! it took me a week to figure out how to find my way around!! ive just got to grips with it myself, so your not alone!! good luck with your claim!!:-)

hi alison, like you i'm new to this and totally confused, and being with abbey seems to be a disadvantage. i've started a forum called 'abbey' and there is a few of us which are trying to figure it out as we go along, this forum group is excellent and with every body replying prompty and with accurate information i'm sure we will get our money back. thanks guys for help. I've had problems with abbey before so with past experience this won't be easy, one thing i did read is open another account with another bank as a back up and its been known that banks pay up on request that you close your account, just be on your guard. Keep intouch sandra

• 2 months later...

hello,

im here to help you as much as i can!

right the 1st thing that newbies need to do is read the faqs

click on this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

yes there is soooo much to take in! we were all in this boat at one time!

when you write your data protection letter/subject access request

which is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

you need to send the 10.00 with this letter and either take it into your local branch or get it recorded delivery. the bank have 40 days to comply once payment has been received! the 40 days include weekends.

there are all the other letter here also

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

regarding threads!!

when you want to start a new thread you need to go the the part of the site eg if you bank with abbey you need to go to the abbey forum

click this link to see all the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/

to start a new thread you need to go to the forum you want to post a thread in and at the top it says new thread. click that and it will give you a box with a title. in the title you can put your name and who you are claiming with i.e lisa against abbey.

in the message you can write what ever you want.

now when you have posted your message and you want to go back at a later time to see if anyone has replied to it the you need to go to the top of the screen and it says QUICK LINKS and to the SUBSCRIBED THREADS.

a list of all the threads you have posted on will appear and you just scroll down till you find your thread and click on it!

if you look at the dates also of the posts this will show you how old that thread is.

if you need any more help then you can send me a personal message and to do this click on my name above and a drop down box will appear and it will say send private message.

good luck lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Hi Lisamellor gee I wish I'd found this when I was trying to find my round via the halifax site!

I have a question concerning DPA non compliance as didn't have this trouble with halifax just received the list of transactions. I have sent the letter saying they have 7 days then court action wil be taken(7 days is up) but can't find what to do next i've read about an N1 but don't know where to find this & do you send a letter with it? also do you have to take it to court personally as I live in Spain so it would be quite difficult! sorry for all the questions

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06