Neil S vs Barclays

Neil S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks for that link victimnomore! :)

I called the court, as I had two conflicting requests for evidence - in my 'Notice of Allocation' it said I was to submit everything by 10th October (tomorrow), but in my 'Notice of Small Claim Hearing' it says to submit the docs at least 7 days before the hearing (20th December).

They confirmed that the correct date is the 13th December, so the pressure is off for now at least :)

I've downloaded the small claims bundle and am currently digesting it :)

I'd still appreciate a mod's thoughts on whether I am required to submit a skeleton defence to Barclays...

Cheers,

Neil.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of putting my bundle together and could do with some advice on what constitutes 'Strict Proof' of charges.

Will a list of dates, type of charge and penalty amount in MS Excel suffice or do I need to scan each and every page of every copy statement they've sent me?

Here's hoping the former will do!!! ;)

Cheers,

Neil.

I've had a significant development this morning!

I haven't seen it yet, but a letter arrived this morning from a Temilope Fatojun, I've seen the text from this on here before, but it basically goes something like this:

"We still think your legal argument is pants and will fail in court, but as the sum is modest and in order to avoid time and expense attending court, we are prepared to settle the full amount of including stat. interest and costs of £897.58."

Now either my maths is not up to spec or that amount is wrong. I make it £920 in charges (indeed the MCOL form stated £920), £247.60 in interest and £120 in costs, totalling £1287.59.

What gives here? Is a phone call in order to point out the shortfall or is this the way they always settle?

Cheers,

Neil.

That's a significant shortfall. Ask them to justify their figures to find out where the differential lies.

The author of that letter is very nice to speak to. I've chatted to her twice in the last few days, the contents of the conversation I cannot divulge just yet.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman