notice and inspections help pls!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The landlord gave us notice a month ago on the house and looked round the property then and was happy that it was all in order. now he wants to come and look again (only 4 weeks later).

Is this right or not, he only looked at it a few weeks ago and we have another 4 weeks on the notice yet. We are starting to feel harassed because he keeps phoning too.

any help would be great

thanks in advance.

What does you tenenacy agreement state about visits?

In most cases, the landlord has the right to inspect your property if he gives the appropriate notice, but you are also entitled to enjoy possession of your home without harrassment.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

it just says that we should permit the landlord to enter the property at reasonable hours in the daytime for the purpose of inspection................but he did an inspection 4 weeks ago when notice was given and he will do another inspection in 4 weeks time when we vacate.

does he really need to do another one today aswell?

Well, although it's annoying, i would let him do the inspection and keep calm. You never know, it could be that he's considering having soem work done and just wants to measure up or something.

As a word of caution, however, when the final inspection takes place on your last day, take photos of everything to prove everything is in good condition and also get the landlord to sign to say he is happy with the condition of the property when you vacated or give you a list of problems there and then. Photos will be essential if he states there is a problem that you dispute.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

No problem - anything else happens that you are unsure or unhappy about, please just post again.