• Tweets

• That isn’t actually what the Theft Act 1968 S1 actually says, BTW. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/1 (1)A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it;   The difference between what you’ve said and the Act? a) intent to permanently deprive rather than  just depriving (which is why the offence of “taking without consent” was brought in for motor vehicles, as otherwise "joyriders" could say "but I intended to give it back at the end") b) dishonesty : If I honestly believed A's pen belonged to B, and took it and gave it to B - B might be found guilty of theft but I shouldn't be. 
    • Received a call and follow on confirmation email from the police about my cabinets! They wanted to confirm that I was prepared to support police action for the matter and that I would be happy to provide a statement and attend court at a later date!!! I think that something might actually get done - it won't get my cabinets back I know that but hopefully it will put a stop to this so called courier doing this to people!
    • Around a month ago I had to send a sympathy card to a friend in GB. Logistically it made sense to buy a personalised one on eBay and get it sent straight to my mate, rather than faffing around getting it sent to me.  This mighty purchase set me back all of £3.05 (including postage costs). I was taken aback that, when it was sent, I got a tracking number.  For a flippin' three-quid card!  I had no idea that technology had moved on so much and that tracking was so easy.  The shop has feedback for 16,300 purchases so tracking must be easy & automatic. It's unlikely your case will get to court, but in cases that do this got me thinking that we need to aggressively challenge the PPCs where they have lied about the timescales of sending their rubbish and have no proof at all of posting - when it would be so easy to provide it.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

BRIGHTHOUSE STORES to Sponsor TRISHA TV Show !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, the disclosure condition concerns any recipient 'upstream' of the intended one. If YOU were the recipient as defined in the TO field, then what you do with it subsequently is your concern, they were not saying that the contents were confidential, that would require a Private & Confidential statement specifically addressed to you!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the disclosure condition concerns any recipient 'upstream' of the intended one. If YOU were the recipient as defined in the TO field, then what you do with it subsequently is your concern, they were not saying that the contents were confidential, that would require a Private & Confidential statement specifically addressed to you!

Thanks for that, Buzby. I sort of thought that was the case...

But...

I would not want to place the CAG into any dispute, so I think it best I wait for either permission to reproduce, or a suitable statement from channel 5.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Lefty: Do you mind if I circulate a copy of your fact sheet to the staff here at work? (I work for one of the debt help charities)

Absolutely. You are more than welcome.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

Just another quick update...

I thought a little whisper in the ear of Damon Gibbons, chair of Debt on our Doorstep could be a good idea... Turned out to be a very good idea... ;)

Dear Lefty

Many thanks for sending this through. We would be delighted to take this issue up and will draft something up next week for the media. I’ll come back to you with the draft.

Best wishes

Damon

Damon Gibbons, FRSA

Chair

Debt on our Doorstep

Stay tuned!

Cheers

Lefty

• Haha 1

;)

well tv is full of trash atm.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks, MikeSplicer. Appreciated.

Just another quick update...

Damon Gibbons (Debt on our Doorstep) left a very polite question regarding the Brighthouse sponsorship on the Trisha Goodard website forum here. This was quickly followed up by a two of genuine "viewer" comments, both telling damning stories about their dealings with Brighthouse!

This morning, all forum posts have been deleted! Looks like someone is beginning to take notice! ;)

I still haven't yet received permission to reproduced channel five's response email (although I requested this three days ago). I have advised that I shall wait another 24 hours for their approval, after which time I shall reproduce it regardless - in view of Buzby's advice earlier.

I have had no response from Trisha.

I have had no response from Brighthouse.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Does anybody have a email address or address where we can write to these bunch of idiots.

Brighthouses head office might be a good one and the producers of the trisha programme.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Town House TV

Trisha Show Executive Producer Malcom Allsop/Trisha Goddard

[email protected]

[email protected]

Channel 5 Cheif Executive

[email protected]

Channel 5 customer services

[email protected]

Brighthouse

[email protected]

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Ty lefty.

I am generally a very patient man, but I think 3 days for an official response is taking the p...

Dear XXXXXXX

Customer Services

Channel 5

IMPORTANT

I replied to this email on 16/11/07 - I am still awaiting a reply.

For your ease of reference, here is what I wrote:

Hello XXXXXX

Thank you for your response.

As you may have noticed, I am writing to channel 5 in my capacity as a contributor to the Consumer Action Group website and forums. Brighthouse is a company which features regularly, as you can imagine.

Therefore, I would like your permission to reproduce (by nature of a forum post) your response (in full) to my enquiry.

If this is not possible, I would appreciate a statement for publication from channel 5 in regard to this.

As the disclosure condition at the foot of this email concerns any recipient 'upstream' of the intended one, and as I am the intended recipient as defined in the TO field, then I would like to advise you that I shall be publishing this response on the Consumer Action Group website as a statement from channel 5 regarding Brighthouse sponsoring the Trisha show. As there is no "Private & Confidential" statement specifically addressed to me regarding this email, I am completely entitled to do this.

However, as a courtesy, I am still prepared to wait a further 24 hours if you would prefer to make an "official statement" or make any additions or amendments to your original response.

If I receive no reply to this email (with 24 hours) I will publish the contents of this email as a statement from channel 5.

Kind Regards

Lefty

Stay tuned..... ;)

;)

Lefty,

They say paitence is a virtue.

But as patience can be pushed to far i would advise you do what you feel is correct.

Chrissi.

Looks like the Trisha show is finally beginning to take notice...

The Trisha Goddard Show

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Town house productions, Trisha's producers, have today left a statement on the Trisha TV forum stating that the decision to accept sponsorship from Brighthouse was made by Five, and that there is no financial gain for Trisha or the production company from the deal.

However, this begs the question as to why - in Five's original press release announcing the sponsorship, Tricia was so gushing about Brighthouse. Given that she has no financial gain from the deal we have asked that she now retract her original statement... perhaps she should also do a programme on the subject?

Damon Gibbons

Chair

Debt on our Doorstep

Nice one Maybe if enough ppl complaint then something will be done

Same ere bigmac.

Maybe we should invite them all to actually read some of the threads on this site just so they can see what brighthouse are really like.

Maybe they should fully investigate before that choose who should sponser them.

I emailed Town House TV and five earlier this evening and got an e-mail from Malcolm Alsop (Town House TV MD) pretty well straight back:

Thanks for your comments about the sponsorship of our show on Five. Town House TV is the maker of The Trisha Goddard show but has nothing to do with the sponsorship issue. This is entirely a matter for the broadcaster Five. We derive no financial gain from this sponsorship whatsoever, nor do we have any direct control over it.

We pass on all such complaints to Five but you are also free to contact them direct at home | five.tv

Our web site contains a range of helpful information about a wide range of issues and we are shortly to expand this to include organisations offering advice on debt problems.

which is basically what it says on their website. Lets keep the pressure on, particularly with five.

yep pressure is needed.

Lefty and i had a convo earlier buy Pm.

What i am thinking is maybe CAg could orgainse a small protest buy going to the studio where the show is filmed and start asking awkard questions, this is maidstone in kent.

There is aslo offices in Norwich on a very busy business park which i think you may find is were the production company that films and produces Trisha is based. Which is owned buy trisha and her husband. If you check out her site, link posted earlier bu lefty, you will see that it is not going to be a area where it can be ignored.

Maybe further conseltation is needed before we do anything daft tho.

this is the norwich site.

As you will see it is for a production company.

Town House TV Productions Ltd

7 The Norwich Business Park, Whiting Road,

Norwich, NR4 6DN, United Kingdom

yep it will be good headline news.