Help Wanted! First Letter

richard74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just added up all my Capital one credit card charges, and they come

to £703, wow, I have also checked, and I have all my credit card statements.

What I would like advice on, is when I send my first letter requesting a refund

for all the charges which have been added to my account, do I need to send

Capital one a breakdown of every single charge they have charged me so they

can see what I am claiming for, or do I just send the letter requesting the refund.

I look forward to hearing from anyone ref the above.

Wish me luck on claiming my money back.

Kind Regards

Richard

If you know the amount that you want to claim, send the Preliminary approach for repayment letter, available in the Bank templates library. Good Luck!

Please support this site!

Any advice or opinions given by me are so given in the belief that they are totally my personal opinion and should not be construed as sound legal advice. If in doubt, employ a suitably insured professional and hope to GOD that they know what they are talking about.:cool:

I am about to start the process against the following:

Abbey,(MBNA) Citi, Debenhams (GE Capital) HSBC, Mint, (RBOS) Virgin (MBNA)

It would not harm your case and, at least, if they want to argue or discuss it with you, you both have all the information. However, it is not necessary at this stage if you do not want to.

Please support this site!

Any advice or opinions given by me are so given in the belief that they are totally my personal opinion and should not be construed as sound legal advice. If in doubt, employ a suitably insured professional and hope to GOD that they know what they are talking about.:cool:

I am about to start the process against the following:

Abbey,(MBNA) Citi, Debenhams (GE Capital) HSBC, Mint, (RBOS) Virgin (MBNA)

Personally, I wouldn't bother sending them a list of charges, they're on THEIR system so THEY can do he donkey work fishing them out can't they? ;)

Prelim letter is your next step, you'll probably be offered something like £20-40, and a 'please go away now' style letter.

Send them a Letter Before Action after that and you'll probably get another offer, something in between a third & half of what they owe you.

After that, it's Court Time.

Keep going, there's plenty of help available here.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim