Blair Oliver & Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just as a matter of interest sent of my £1 postal order today to Blair Oliver & Scott regarding a loan originally take out with Paramount Bank, who was taken over by Halifax who were taken over by HBOS. I'll keep you posted.

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Look forward to it.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No reply from Blair Oliver & Scott yet!

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Still no reply, default applicable as Thursday at the latest

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Well I suppose that's it times up!

I've stopped my standing order, do I just sit back and wait, or send them a letter of default?

Being really naughty perhaps I should wait a week or so and post the deafult notice just before the months deadline!

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I apologise for PM ing those of you I have, I’m new to this and any other forum, so please be patient.

I suppose that the opening of this thread is rather vague and almost glib, and on reflection perhaps I should have been a little bit more professional on the starting blocks. However, this site has given me so much information and indeed, courage to face up to people and institutions that have made my life and those of my family such a s**t over the last few years. I was almost euphoric when I started driving to get back what is rightfully mine.

Like the vast majority or users and readers of this site, I’m sure that my story is much the same as everyone else’s. But like everyone else my story is very personal and full of hurt, illness and debt.

I blame two camps for getting me into such a mess that I didn’t know what to do. The main camp was me for being such a prat as to get into debt in the first place. The second camp consisted of the financial institutions that gave and continued to do so until I contacted the CCCS for help.

When those two camps are in balance everything is hunky dory. But when illness, and loss of earnings raise their ugly head the relationship soon becomes unbalanced. I can hear the banking industry say that you can insure yourself against that with sickness insurance. Well you can’t if you have a predisposing condition as I have.

When the balance started tipping the vultures started circling, some were very nice. RMA Resolve (American Xpress) were nice. Mercers and Credit Solutions (Barclaycard) were absolute b******s. I had every colour of the rainbow in between.

So why have I chosen to start off with Blair Oliver & Scott. Well a loan was taken out to consolidate cards with Paramount Bank. They got taken over by Halifax, who turned into HBOS. I was defaulted in October/November 2003 after starting to pay the creditor about £12 per month after taking the advice of the CCCS.

The account was taken over by Blair et al in early 2004, and I’ve been paying £270 per month ever since.

Am I trying to get out of paying off the debt, well no, not really. I have been hounded, blamed and threatened so much over the last few years that I’ve just about had enough. If they have got all the paperwork correct then that’s fine we’ll see the payment scheme through to completion. If not then, I’m sorry they can go and throw themselves off the dockside at Rosyth.

Sorry if this sounds bitter, but it feels a lot better getting it off my chest.

Regards

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 2 weeks later...

Thats it big time now.

I haven't heard a dicky bird from Blair et al. I know it was recieved by them because the Post Office recorded delivery service says so. It was accepted on the 27th June 2006 by a ***** ***** who works for 'HBOS' - it says so on the report sheet I had from the Post Office. So I'm writing a complaint to the OFT and trading standards.

My gut feeling is they haven't got the paperwork to back up the repayment scheme. That said the payments that have been made have been collected unlawfully should I claim them back?

Should I write to them before I cotact the OFT or should I just do it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi Mike

there is an enormous thead in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3525-debt-collection-agencies.html

dealing with CCA requests and loan paperwork etc give it a look at

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 2 months later...

Cheers mate, things are moving forward and when the matter is closed I will post it's history.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

No fax number at all I have even sent a letter by recorded delivery to their company secretary at the companies registered address only to have it returned as 'addressee gone away'. Very secretive company therefore.

No just send stuff to their PO box number in Rosyth, once delivered it's considered to be served.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Oh they exist alright, company address and everything

Name & Registered Office:

BLAIR, OLIVER AND SCOTT LIMITED

8 NORTH BANK STREET

EDINBURGH

EH1 2LP

Company No. SC133457

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

not necessarily......8 would probably be across the road from 7/9, but is is a bit close, isnt it?

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 1 month later...

Reported Blair et al a couple of weeks ago for infringing my consumer rights and the OFTs guidlines on debt collection. Had a letter from the OFT today, they are going to investigate them, after I provided them with my history!

Wow! I know it doesn't sound much to those who have complained to the oFT before, but I provided them with all the letters that I had sent to Blair et al since June and the times of contact by telephone and the lack of replies from them, and I must admit that the letter was all that I would expect at this point.

Watch this space!

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

After a flurry of letters from Blair Oliver & Scott threatening me with Court Action and reminders over the week before Christmas and the odd phone call. I've had a letter today writing off the whole amount and apologising for the 'inconvenience'. They've written off over £2500, which equates to the interest applied to a loan they have not been able to prove existed.

I will post the full time line in a future post but I'll pm a mod to see how best to put pen to paper.

I've won, and can now start to put my life back on track. Only two more extant accounts to deal with.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just came across your threads while searching Blair, Oliver and Scott. This is a first time thing for me, so bear with me! BOS have been on my back for almost a year now. They are looking for an outstanding debt from the Bank of Scotland. What I can't seem to get through to them is that the Bank of Scotland credit card they are chasing was taken over by MBNA in February 2006 and I pay MBNA for this. I've sent them proof, I've spoken to the Bank of Scotland (who incidentally are reluctant to talk to me and have no record of MBNA taking over the card). This was the Bank of Scotlands choice not mine. They sold the card on to MBNA. However, BOS are getting threatening and have now passed me on to a company I think called Legal and Trade to collect the debt. I've written to MBNA to ask them to clarify to BOS that they took over the debt but they just confirm that they have. Has anyone else had this kind of problem. It seems like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and no matter how much correspondence goes on, they're not taking it in. Any advice?? Thanks

Dear All,

After a flurry of letters from Blair Oliver & Scott threatening me with Court Action and reminders over the week before Christmas and the odd phone call. I've had a letter today writing off the whole amount and apologising for the 'inconvenience'. They've written off over £2500, which equates to the interest applied to a loan they have not been able to prove existed.

I will post the full time line in a future post but I'll pm a mod to see how best to put pen to paper.

I've won, and can now start to put my life back on track. Only two more extant accounts to deal with.

Mike

Hi Mike

This thread is of enormous interest to me - see my thread on the IF (Intelligent Finance) board for reasons why! Basically I'm getting buggered about by both IF and Blair et al. I'd love for you to tell me the steps you went through as I currently have 3 existing accounts with Blair.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Hi Mike

This thread is of enormous interest to me - see my thread on the IF (Intelligent Finance) board for reasons why! Basically I'm getting buggered about by both IF and Blair et al. I'd love for you to tell me the steps you went through as I currently have 3 existing accounts with Blair.

Hiya matey, I started another thread with the method that I used and the letters I sent

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear