A Question For The Leagal - Beagles

The Druid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I am aware, the issue of unlawful bank charges is still before the High Court, or has a decision been handed down ?

If it hasn't and the case is still being deliberated on, then, would the case be considered as sub-judicea? If the case is STILL before the High Court, is it lawful for the banks to continue imposing these £35 - £40 bank charges?

If the courts are setting aside all cases untill a decision is handed down, then why aren't the banks prevented from imposing charges untill such time as a decision is handed down one way or the other ?

Hi Druid,

You've bin quiet recently.

Have a look here for good update re OFT case - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/118071-information-about-test-case.html

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have asked this question so many times [directly to the OFT]

and dyu know what the answer is?

....Cos I dont, even now after numerous emails etc asking why banks are still allowed to apply these charges, all I get back is a link to the first press release..

bloomin useless.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Then isn't it about time someone took this question to a court too? It has been reported that individual bank customers have taken out personal injuctions against individual banks preventing them from imposing any more bank charges, until after the High Court case is settled. The cost of this to the individual is £135. It seems strange to me, living in a democratic society as we are supposed to be, that the only way to get justice in this country is if you are able to afford it.

BTW, for those of you that have missed my regular reports about you-know-whos bank. I have a hearing on 6 November to get the set-aside cancelled with regard to my fight for unlawfully removed "additions" fees from my account. (Thats cost me MORE money) !!

But once I get the "additions" business sorted. I shall use that to take out an injunction against the bank, and also to fund my next attack which will be against Virgin Media. Because I pay my monthly bill by bank giro credit, Virgin Media charge me a £5 payment handling charge. I have repeatedly asked them to justify this charge, which they have singularly failed to do. I should point out that, after a full enquiry, not a single UK bank makes any charge whatsoever for handling a bank giro credit. So, where do Virgin Media's charges come from I ask ??

If 20,000 of their customers pay by BGC and they are each charged £5, thats £100,000 per month OR £1.2 million a year they are making !!! If they ain't prepared to explain and justify their costs to me, perhaps they'll be more forthcoming to a judge !! I'll let you all know.