style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Husband was left a letter yesterday from a bailiff with regard to an unpaid PCN. He had agreed a repayment plan with them over the telephone a couple of months ago but unfortunately I was taken ill and rushed into Hospital and then he was ill himself and has also been in Hospital. It was totally overlooked, stupid I know. My illness is ongoing. The letter from the Bailiff states that the total due after attending yesterday is now £394.94 the original debt being £150, it also states that should he have to attend again it will increase to a minimum of £633.47.......

I should explain that the property in which we live is rented and the lease is in my name alone and not my Husbands, also all of the property inside it belongs to me.....

I called the Bailiff myself and apologised and explained the above but he just kept saying about the money, then I asked for a breakdown of his fees and he told me to call his office and put the phone down. I called his office and spoke to a very nice lady who explained that she could not help me and that I should seek advice, I asked her for a breakdown of the high fees and she told me I had to write in for that.....

I am so worried and do not know what to do, can the bailiff take my things ? I have a car through the motability disabled scheme, it is mine, he cannot take that can he ?

Sorry if my thread is rambling I am just so upset by all of this and I really would appreciate any help or advice that you can give me....

Mollie Millie

• 3 weeks later...

Me again.......after some advice and a nudge in the right direction I have discovered that the bailiff's certificate has run out, due to be renewed in a while but currently expired.

Can anybody give me some advice about what to do from here ?

Sorry if that is a really stupid question but this whole business has really got to me, scared me to be honest.

Mollie

Hi Mollie,

I assume from your reply that my information was useful. !!

For the collection of unpaid parking tickets the law is CLEAR.

Only Certificated Bailiffs are allowed by law, to collect PCN’s.

Section 78(7) of the Road Traffic Act states that:

“any person who attempts to seize goods in payment of parking fines who is not a “Certificated Bailiff” and any person who authorises him are committing an offence of "trespass”.

Mollie,

Can you pm me with your number in the morning so that I can discuss a suitable template letter that should be sent.