Parking errors whilst being witnessed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a week ago I went to the local sainsburys car park to do some shopping on my day off. I usually go on Sunday's where there is no payment required so I just forgot to pay the pay and display.

Anyway got a ticket sighed to myself as I thought "Oh well my fault, ill just have to pay". When I went to pay online I looked at the evidence and the parking warden had written with time stamps the whole scenario.

He watched me park, leave the vehicle and then walk straight on. So he witnessed me make the error...Should he not have challenged me and reminded me to purchase a ticket? Sounds a bit unfair surely a police officer would have allowed you a chance before committing an offence where there is some argument on the person not realising? Entrapment maybe?

Just wondered...

Neil

Hello Neil

who issued the ticket, was it a local authority or a private parking company?

if its a private company then you need to look through this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html as private parking tickets are not enforcable

regards

paul

well, theres nothing to say that PA's should approach you to remind you to buy a ticket. i think you are on a loser if you were tto try to argue entrapment as the obligation to purchase a ticket falls upon the motorist and the ticket would have been issue for failing to display a ticket

the only thing i would be looking at here is if the ticket was wrongly worded or didnt contain the required information under the RTA1991

regards

paul

Scan and post both sides of the ticket. Obliterate personal details. More sets of eyes are better than one!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.