Noob v Barclays

DuWolf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got to the stage of attending court for a pliminary hearing then 2 days before had a letter which had effectively stayed my case untill the test case so i appealed against it using the template supplied *Thnxs*

Recieved a letter

" It is the policy of Stoke On Trent County Court to stay proceedings and await the outcome of the test case. It is unlikely therefore that an application to remove the stay will succeed and the district judge dealing with the bank charges cases at this court has asked me to draw this to your attention.

If you wish to proceed with your application please complete the enclosed application form and return it to the court office with a fee of £65. "

I have 3 court cases which were due to be heard that month all of which i have recieved the same subsequent letter.

I recieved £750 settlement from Capitol One which i put aside for such circumstances but would it be worth throwing £195 (For the 3 cases) to get the cases rolling again or would i be better waiting now for the test case?

Unsure with the obvious subtle letter aimed at dissuading me. Insult to injury they announced we will be made redundant within the next 12/18 months. Would this be helpfull in pursuading a hardship case As the only working adult in a family of four i have this predicament and unsure which way to proceed or not.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Duwolf

I believe you will not get the stays removed under hardship, purely because reading your first post, your redundancy has'nt happened yet. Unless you can prove on an income and expenditure form, that you are in serious financial difficulty, the stays are likely to be left in place.

You would be losing the £195 as well, as the money can't be claimed back.

I would wait until the hearing in January. We have seen a few stays being removed, but they are with people on benefits, or seriously ill.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers