Banks Bounced Cheques

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some money i was expecting to go in to the account today hasn't turned up, so the bank have bounced my cheque to a.n.other company. I have a cheque guarantee card for the same amount as the cheque was written for? Oh and they've also charged me £35 for the priviledge? Surely the whole point of a cheque guarantee card is to stop the cheque bouncing in situations like this?

Up The Mariners

Some money i was expecting to go in to the account today hasn't turned up, so the bank have bounced my cheque to a.n.other company. I have a cheque guarantee card for the same amount as the cheque was written for? Oh and they've also charged me £35 for the priviledge? Surely the whole point of a cheque guarantee card is to stop the cheque bouncing in situations like this?

Who wrote the details of your cheques card on the cheque?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

All long as the cheque was below the card limit then the bank should have paid it.

That is the whole point of cheque guarantee - the recipient is guaranteed payment, regardless of whether the drawer's account has sufficient funds.

Indeed, get onto your bank, point out the cheque was guaranteed and get them to reverse the charge (though they may replace it with a card misuse charge instead)

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Seems a bit rich that they ignore the guarantee number on the back. THEN charge you for bouncing it. The creditor may have had it returned asking for it to be re-presented, in which case you should ask them to do so, and confirm with your bank they will honour the guarantee.

I can help here, when you close an account there is a very good reason why most organisations ask for the card and chequebook back. If you guarantee a cheque my understanding is that therefore the bank has to pay it.

As above they will probably produce another charge but then all the info you need is here.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.