Lloyds Bank New T&Cs from November 2007

paper_tiger3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A freind came to see me the other day with a copy of LTSBs new Terms and Conditions which come into force on 2 November 2007. These actually increase penalty charges.

The document is in a link from Lloyds TSB - Borrowing from us - Overdrafts

The upshot is that if you go £100 over your overdraft limit they charge you £20 PER DAY to a maximum of 10 charges per month. The 10 maximum charges are "resest" at the beginning of the next billing period. So if your £100 "unplanned overdraft" spans two billing periods (say 10 days at the end of one billing period (£200) and ten days at the beginning of the next billing period (£200) the bank will charge you £400.

Quick calculation on the comparative interest rate and its 2400% per year.

Wonder if anyone else has found this one. Far from backing down these banks are increasing the squeeze. I've also seen A&L are trying a similar change.

Alex.

I've just read the new T&C and I find them disgusting. I hope the other banks aren't following suit, because I really want to move to another bank now. Hopefully, these new terms will drive enough customers away to make them reconsider. I think I might go and get a Post Office account as soon as possible.

Someone on here worked out that the new T&C's increase the charges by 140% :mad:

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

How are these not penalty charges? Are we not going round and round in circles?

I smelled a rat when A&L sent me through their charges and then Lloyds followed a day later.:mad:

Am I missing the point? What has changed to suggest that these charges are fair, and not punitive?

The document is in a link from Lloyds TSB - Borrowing from us - Overdrafts

The upshot is that if you go £100 over your overdraft limit they charge you £20 PER DAY to a maximum of 10 charges per month. The 10 maximum charges are "resest" at the beginning of the next billing period. So if your £100 "unplanned overdraft" spans two billing periods (say 10 days at the end of one billing period (£200) and ten days at the beginning of the next billing period (£200) the bank will charge you £400.

This is likely a psychological warfare ploy, with Lloyds leading other banks from the front as Lloyds did with several court hearings which they won.

With on the one side CAG advocating a low charge at £5, and on the other Lloyds making a song and dance about £400 penalty charges in place of £35 to date, the unwary and the innocent such as the OFT, might be induced into thinking -- lets go for damage limitation, a compromise splitting the difference between the two sides.

I suggest Lloyds and BBA top brass are unlikely to believe they could sustain £400 penalty charges without revolution in the streets. Bankers just want to bamboozle the public into thinking how reasonable bankers are, when they roll back £400 charges to a mere £35.