UKPC parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I really need some advice - we were visiting my friend in her new flat and she told us we were ok to park in a parking bay which doesn't have a number so we did. UKPC patrol the area and have signs saying that you can't park there unless you have permission which we did from the flat owner - however when we returned to our car we had a ticket but another person who was also visiting my friend didn't! The ticket says we had an invalid permit which I think relates to the fact that earlier that day we had parked near my flat where we had to display a permit and forgot to remove it from our dash board so I think the warden thought we were trying to use that permit to park at my friends. My friend has tried to dispute the ticket on our behalf but the land owners (key worker) said the ticket can't be cancelled and weren't very helpful. Do we have a leg to stand on?

i assume that the ticket was issued on private property and not on the public highway? if it was issued on private property then what you have is a civil parking invoice.

can you confirm if the ticket was issued on private property?

regards

paul

Hi there,

well as its a civil parking invoice you can basically tell them to blow it out their ar$e

when they write to you ( if your the registered keeper of the car ) then you can send them something like this.......

Dear Sirs

I have received correspondence from yourselves dated xxxx 2007. This letter / demand is asking me to pay £xx for an alleged contravention of parking rules at .

I should remind you that as the owner of a vehicle I personally cannot be held responsible for any contract allegedly agreed to or implied by any other driver of my vehicle. I respectfully request that you take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle at the time the alleged contravention took place, unfortunatley i am unable to help you with the identity. I am not liable for this charge.

I will not be providing any payment and your continued pursuit of this matter will constitute an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997. I consider the matter closed and am explicitly instructing you not to contact me again for any reason.

regards

they cannot enforce this charge as penalties for breach of contract are unlawful and since this matter relies on contract law they are up SH1TE CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE so to speak

the best thing to do is read this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html as its very informative

if you need anymore help let us know

i hope this helps

regards

paul

• Haha 2

Thanks for the advice. My friend spoke to the owners of the land today (key worker) and they confirmed that the ticket was issued as the warden thought I was using my parking permit for my flat to park there even tho it was more of less out of sight as it was hidden behind the tax disc. Can I refuse to pay it as it was issued on this incorrect basis?