Nat West Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of writing to the Nat West Bank for the return of charges amounting to £4,300. Their first response was to offer me £1,500 as a gesture of good will. I rejected this offer and received a letter from Stuart Higley increasing the offer to £2,400. I am just about to send another letter rejecting this offer. I am going to hold out for the full amount. Has anyone else had 2 offers from them? Why dont they just cough up the full amount instead of haggling? All these offer letters they are sending must be costing them a fortune at £38 a throw!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you should consider yourself one of the elite.

Most people only get one offer..... Some none at all. :)

Follow the well-tried and tested procedures in this forum and you WILL get ALL of your bank charges back.

Good luck with your claim.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Why do you think I have had two offers?

Just lucky, I guess.:lol:

Do you think I will get a third?

Yes.....When they settle. But you have a bit of work to do, first.:lol:

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 1 month later...

OK guys. Not been on here for a few weeks because I just didnt have the cash to proceed further with MCOL. Have just issued claim online this morning so I guess its now a waiting game. Copies of schedule in envelopes to post to Natwest and courts on my way to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Amy. Yes I sent a copy to the bank and a copy to the courts both with a covering letter. To the courts, covering letter quoted claim number and then just a paragraph saying "I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of charges to be attached to the above claim. I have also sent a further copy to the defendent". The one to the bank quoted claim number and a paragraph saying "further to my recent correspondence, I have issued a Moneyclaim against you, ref: ....... and am enclosing a further copy of the schedule of charges for your records.

Hope this helps.

You can amend the claim but that would cost you money. What some ppl do is wait until their claim is settled and start claim number 2 for the charges since MCOL.

I;m not aware of it directly as a result of claiming money back, unless the account is managed by Credit Management Services, but that is what this department does, gets the overdrawn amount back and closes the account. However, I have seen a HSBC thread where the person appealed against the closure of their account and kept theirs.

• Haha 1

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Just read that thread Paul. Its very worrying that you could be asked to return your cards and cheque book. Some people will have bad credit because of missed payments due to bank charges and not be able to get another account. Its a joke.

AQ filed with response to defence and my own CPR part 18 request for disclosure of actual cost. Just waiting now!

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Hi, guys

I've posted up a second letter I've sent to NatWest relating to their request for return of my chequebook and card. Apart from anything else, I think it underlines the importance of having a parachute account - with more money in it than mine has at the moment!

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!