• Tweets

• Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:   I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient? "Thank you for your email.   Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement.    I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.   Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?" Thanks in advance!
    • I find that highly disrespectful Sir/Madam just so you know.
    • Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
    • I have received an email from town and country on behalf of everday loans. I assume I don’t reply to the email?   Any advice appreciated 
    • Hello, my name is Chris and aswell as saying hello, am checking my posts pop out nicely.  I have  an ongoing problem with British Gas(which shouldn't have become a problem at all), which has cannonballed into recently involving the Energy Ombudsman, Ofgem and I even, hasten to add our government because I am at wit's end. I have a couple of questions. What I write is likely to be mammoth size, I really would like to indicate why I am at wit's end, and as far as I am concerned (conjecture and opinion) its an indication of the inadequacy of our country's system that since and including John Major has been deliberately brought in to be such. Anyway hello and my 2 questions are ' Can I post photos and if so how, are there any instructions?'  and secondly,  ' To what extent can I mention names in what I post, first names only, second names? only, both allowed where known? quoting or gist acceptable, do I need to even though its case and should be anyway, state it's a truthful and honest account?'  It's been ongoing for over a year now on something which I am guessing should get sorted in maybe a month for most people, and I would actually like to go into fuller details than I've even said to them because I feel its important you know that I HAVE been significantly hindered and am living under that still as I speak/type.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA No CCA, Gimme my interest :)

wednesday1867
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, ive managed to reclaim my charges :)

When i asked for a copy of my agreement, MBNA told me they dont have a copy and i have to go and ask someone else, told them i dont, they need to go and find it. Now its been a month or two and still nothing as turned up. So no agreement as far as im concerned.

Im in the process of reclaiming the PPI as no agreement so no proof if i agreed to it or not, pre lim already sent.

Up until recently, i was mixed up regarding interest and the reclaimation of it, with the info in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/101712-mbna-admitted-no-cca.html thanks goes to standing and dave :) for showing me the light.

I was in 2 minds regarding reclaiming the interest that i paid on this account as well as everything else, obviously im not guarnteed to be succesful in the PPI claim but fingers crossed :cool:

Then i thought, in for a penny in for a pound, maybe MBNA will look after paperwork a bit more now and in my hour of need as well as sticking the knife in, they were to busy twisting it to help me out, so MBNA this is me twisting the knife back :)

So today i sent them a letter similar to the one on the afore mentioned thread, ill post it when i dont wanna go to bed :D it was telling them my position on the situation and what i intend to do, if they dont refund the interest paid on my account, going back to 2001.

They have 14 days to respond, ill keep it updated as we go along.

:)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Wednesday. Don't forget Wilson v secretary of state ruled that although the creditor can't enforce an agreement without a cca the debtor can. Therefore you have the luxury of saying you missold me ppi gimme it back & no agreement gimme my interest back lol!

When you say mbna told you to ask someone else for your cca was it originally with another bank & then transferred to mbna?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Best of luck Wednesday - will watch this with interest.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

yup .....i'm here too :)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks for loking in everyone :)

Hope help and guidance comes as well as interest cos i'll need it :grin:

Josie I signed up to MBNA originally or so I thought it wasn't til they responded to my CCA request annd told me it was originally with HBOS who I gather to be Halifax? The reply I received is on my charges thread can't link ya to it cos I'm on my phone :)

Can't keep away.............:grin:

As i posted earlier today, this is what i received to my initial CCA request

I refer to your recent letter received 01st May 2007. Unfortunately we are unable to obtain a copy of your original application.

MBNA now administer your account however, your original application was made to HBOS, you will need to contact them to obtain this information

I wrote back saying it was MBNA's responsibility to provide the agreement, they haven't yet.

This is the letter i sent to MBNA yesterday

You have admitted in your letter dated 08th May 2007 that you cannot supply a regulated agreement that documents our alleged contract. Therefore no contract exists or has ever existed.

Therefore you have never had my permission to lawfully process my data, and to pass that data onto third parties. You do not have my permission to start to process any new data and any data already passed onto third parties must be withdrawn and destroyed.

As no contract exists you have had no right to charge interest on any money lent. I now realise I have being paying you interest when I shouldn’t of been.

I am sure that I do not need to point out to you, that without a true, executed copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement I am now unable to ascertain any of the terms and conditions that constitute our alleged contract.

Therefore I require repayment of all such interest taken from XX XX XX to XX XX XX. I also seek statutory interest at 8% from the date of each charge.

This totals to £X,XXX.XX+ £XXX (interest at 8% to today’s date, which is 10th July 2007) Total amount to date is £X,XXX.XX

Please forward payment by return by cheque.

I expect to receive a positive response to this letter within the next fourteen days. In the event of either no response or a negative response I put you on notice that I will file a claim in the county court for non compliance with the consumer credit act, and I that I will at the same time ask the court to make a declaration that the alleged agreement between us is void. I will also ask the judge to order the return of all monies I have paid to the account.

Am i right legally? Do i have a good chance of winning this? Its just ive got HSBC going into criminal default on the managed loan i had with them, stopped payment already and criminal default is 25 July, would i be able to do the same with them?

Am i right legally? Do i have a good chance of winning this?

IMO No you do not have a chance of winning this.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You have admitted in your letter dated 08th May 2007 that you cannot supply a regulated agreement that documents our alleged contract. Therefore no contract exists or has ever existed. Correct

Therefore you have never had my permission to lawfully process my data, and to pass that data onto third parties. You do not have my permission to start to process any new data and any data already passed onto third parties must be withdrawn and destroyed. Correct - thopugh will probably need a court order stating agreement unenforceable to force CRA's to act

As no contract exists you have had no right to charge interest on any money lent. I now realise I have being paying you interest when I shouldn’t of been. Correct in that there is nothing to show what interest if any you agreed to pay in return for the monetary advance.

I am sure that I do not need to point out to you, that without a true, executed copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement I am now unable to ascertain any of the terms and conditions that constitute our alleged contract. Correct

Therefore I require repayment of all such interest taken from XX XX XX to XX XX XX. I also seek statutory interest at 8% from the date of each charge.

This totals to £X,XXX.XX+ £XXX (interest at 8% to today’s date, which is 10th July 2007) Total amount to date is £X,XXX.XX

Please forward payment by return by cheque.

I expect to receive a positive response to this letter within the next fourteen days. In the event of either no response or a negative response I put you on notice that I will file a claim in the county court for non compliance with the consumer credit act, and I that I will at the same time ask the court to make a declaration that the alleged agreement between us is void. I will also ask the judge to order the return of all monies I have paid to the account.

Am i right legally? Do i have a good chance of winning this? Its just ive got HSBC going into criminal default on the managed loan i had with them, stopped payment already and criminal default is 25 July, would i be able to do the same with them?

This is new ground because Wilson v Sec of State did not deal with the issue of repaying money 'voluntarily' handed over. You could tailor the argument to request a) all monies repaid to account and alternatively (bearing in mind that the courts like equity)

b) all monies in excess of original monetary advance repaid.

You will have to be prepared to consider an appeal in the event the county court judge finds against you - but I've been through similar (though not this type of claim) and won at Royal Courts with a Senior Judge.

There are several of us I think considering taking this stance and it will probably be advantageous if we all collaborate.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

Well im not too bothered about going after everything ive paid them, but would be happy just going after the interest.

I was just having doubts, cos im not very good when it comes to legal stuff :confused:

Ive also been reading other threads and its a case of maybe, maybe not, guess time will tell.

Lets see what MBNA come back with :)

I too am having doubts Wednesday,,, I have been in contact with someone who initially suggested that I claim back the interest, but she has not posted for about a week, so maybe she is on holiday.......

I don't regret sending the letter and am very very grateful for the help and encouragement from yourself, Josie and Davefirewalker.

Am not ready to give up quite yet, maybe a good trawl through the CCA forums to post some questions on there could be an idea?

Onward and upward..... no-one said that this would be easy.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Dont know if doubt was the right word, i just read other threads and was wondering.

I know it wont be easy, guess we will see what happens :)

It never is easy when you're the first of many..........breaking new ground but just look at Wilson and the effect she's had on CCA law!

It never is easy when you're the first of many..........breaking new ground but just look at Wilson and the effect she's had on CCA law!

Well the trouble im having with my local court over my charges with HSBC, means if and when this gets to court, it will probably be middle of next year :cool:

I hear somoene on the south coast is also going thro this and their court may not be as busy as mine, so i may not be the first :D:cool: :cool:

By the way hows things in the south Standing? :D :D

Hey Wednesday. Sorry i can only add support not useful info. If i come across anything that will help, i'll post it up for you.

This is going to be an interesting journey :rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Well the trouble im having with my local court over my charges with HSBC, means if and when this gets to court, it will probably be middle of next year :cool:

I hear somoene on the south coast is also going thro this and their court may not be as busy as mine, so i may not be the first :D:cool: :cool:

By the way hows things in the south Standing? :D :D

Just moving to up North actually! The things I do not to be the first!!!!!!

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

I may well be in front of both of you

:)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Top man Dave, you lead the way :) ill just scurry along in the background hehe. I may need some advice of yourself and Josie and anyone else later today if you don't mind regarding my managed loan thread, seems weve reached a mexican stand off ill post more when I get home.

Standing the North is great sun shines longer skies are bluer and the grass is greener :grin:

Top man Dave, you lead the way :) ill just scurry along in the background hehe. I may need some advice of yourself and Josie and anyone else later today if you don't mind regarding my managed loan thread, seems weve reached a mexican stand off ill post more when I get home.

Standing the North is great sun shines longer skies are bluer and the grass is greener :grin:

And the beaches are sand, not pebbles!

ok ok you two, enough is enough... I am a very soft southerner, and happy with it!!!

As for the pebbles.... don't start me off...

I was born in bred in South Devon, where the beaches are all beautiful, golden sands, red cliffes, absolutely stunning, nowhere like it... A few years back I moved to the central south coast.... I don't like it as much as Devon, obviously, but at least the clutch on my car lasts longer, and I passed my driving test without having to do a hill start!!!