re doorstep visits by collection agents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your email sent xx/xx/xxxx, which has been passed to me for response.

Please note, Credit Solutions Ltd offers a door step collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of Office of Fair Tradings’ guidelines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.

Should you have any further queries regarding the content of this email, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Regards

Layla Saleem

Complaints Officer

Credit Solutions Limited

sent email regarding visit by doorstep agent and told them to sod off quoting templates and site and recieved this back any advice?

csl ref: xxxxxxxx to whom it may concern regarding your letter where you allege I have failed to contact your client

I have contacted your client on numerous occasions as account in question is already in dispute with 2 other dca's and with regard to your intended visit

May I remind you, there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, Police attendance.

yours faithfully

this is the original email sent to them

yeah but reading that it does say that only a judge can make an order to refuse access

although I am quite within my rights not to answer the door nor engage in conversation with them on my doorstep

The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.
So any of the landed who erect 'No Trespassing' notices have all applied to the court? I think not Ms Saleem. :rolleyes:

Trespass (properly to go beyond, from Lat. trans, "across" + passus, "act of going from place to place"; French outrepasser is from Latin ultra = "beyond" + passus) is a legal concept, which refers to intrusion into another person's property. Trespass to land is a type of trespass, which can cause criminal[1] or a tort liability.[2] In England and Wales, while one can easily run into a notice warning that "trespassers will be prosecuted", it will only bring a civil liability, unless the trespass is aggravated.

Simply it is your home, you do not have to let them onto your property or into your house, if they try to gain access ask them to leave, if they don't then call the police as they are trespassing/

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

yeah but reading that it does say that only a judge can make an order to refuse access

although I am quite within my rights not to answer the door nor engage in conversation with them on my doorstep

The link regards going to court to get an injuction against a company, normally used against stalkers.

The No tresspass does NOT require a court order, any member of the public can issue this at anytime, and the only people who can ignore it are Police, Bailiffs and Postmen.

The DCA is talking out of its backside as usual. Point this out to them, and that you will not guarantee the "health and safety" Then contact the Police and make a complaint that the company is threatening you and you are living in fear of the "big men coming". When you get a crime no, email that to the DCA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]