• Tweets

• I am requesting your assistance to how I should go about a serious breach of my privacy that occurred during my stay at one of IHG’s hotel on Ma 2023. Having previously had items taken from my hotel room elsewhere I take the added precaution of using a security camera app on my device whenever I stay in a hotel room. The recordings are date and time stamped and it cannot be adjusted by the end user.   On this particular occasion I discovered evidence from my personal security camera recordings of a spy camera had been placed underneath my door, and can be seen moving along the base of the door for approximately 15 seconds.   The spy camera is in fact marketed as an inspection device of drains primarily but is known to be used in observing spaces difficult to enter. It is a usb endoscopic camera that has a length flexible cable that is semi rigid and can negotiate any obstruction by bending. The operator can be up to 3-4 metres away.   Infuriated as I had previously stayed with them in 2022 for 3 months at £260 per night that they would seek to question my honesty and invade my privacy. I immediately called reception and asked why they would do such a thing and if they had any concerns they were welcome to inspect my room and go through my personal belongings and ask me anything they wanted to. I was sleeping for the best part of my stay and was alone throughout.   I sent the recordings to the receptionist within the hour of finding them and I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel who I was told wasn’t present. I tried to have face to face meetings with him but he instead wrote to me denying the recordings were made at their hotel stating that they didn’t observe anyone in the corridor at the time of the recordings and that they don’t have a metal bar at the interface of the tile and carpet which corresponds to the overlying door. I rejected that statement on the grounds the video doesn’t show a bar but a reflection of light on the tile and you wouldn’t see a person outside my door because the cable is black and runs along the floor. If you don’t look for this you won’t see it. The matter was passed up to the area manager and he also denied the allegation. This is where the matter ends as far as IHG are concerned. Leading a busy work and family life I let the matter go but I found myself back at the same hotel a year later. I booked for  2 nights and was given a room facing the lobby door that led to the lifts. Unfortunately, from the hours of 3am I was woken up by the noise of the door opening and closing but also noticed shadows of a person standing in front of my door. At first I took no notice and put this down to a guest waiting for someone but the person or persons returned several times, standing outside my door for up to several minutes. I called the hotel reception and asked if there was an issue  on my floor and they said they would come up to check. They never said they would check the CCTV and as the incidents continued to happen up to 8am I called them 6 times. Given my past experience I didn’t think they took security as serious a# her establishments and made them observe the Cctv and let me know. The explanation I was given was that they could see residents there but they were heading down to breakfast. The time that I had noticed these feet by door was from 3am and breakfast started at 6.30am. It also didn’t explain why they would stand by my door for anything longer than 10seconds and if they were waiting for someone how likely is it that this scenario is played out 6 times when there was only 12 rooms per floor. Later that morning when I went down for breakfast the manager said he would move me to a room at the end of the corridor and asked me what my plans were for the day, essentially when would I be in the hotel. I stated that for the day I was out. He then said that all his staff were uncomfortable about me being a guest and said that I was not welcome there anymore. I had paid for the two nights but when it came to the end of the day I didn’t feel that I would be able to rest at the hotel given the hostility so I returned the next day to collect my remaining belongings, namely items of clothing, an iPhone charging cable and plug, and toiletries. Checkout was at 2pm and I was at the hotel at 3pm. All my belongings were gone and they couldn’t locate the items.  I plan to report the incident of the spy camera to the police, as well as the theft, and write to the hotel emphasising that this breach of privacy is unacceptable and the hotel's failure to properly investigate and address the issue is deeply concerning. The fact that I requested security checks to ensure my safety in the early hours was reasonable, yet their response to ban from the premises was excessive and even possibly discriminatory as I had revealed to them that I had been a victim of a hate crime given my sexuality. . I am seeking compensation for the infringement of my privacy, the lack of proper investigation, and the being humiliated and made to feel like an undesirable. I will request a full refund of my two-night stay totaling £390. Additionally, I will request compensation for the cost of my previous stay when the infringement occurred, which was £220. I am also considering damages for the infringement of my privacy but at a loss as to what this would equate to. I will close the letter giving them a 14 day timeframe to respond.    Is there anything you feel i need to consider here? Many thanks   
    • oF course, this is all just the start. trump is dragging it out as much as possible hoping to pardon himself, but the barrier the yanks had about admitting that a pres could be such a piece of err work has been broken and there is many more to come. His current criminal charges are extremely unlikely to result in jail time or anything other than fines  - but with some of the other charges - jail is pretty much mandatory - especially for one not only not on a first offense - but with others stacked up
    • Indeed, it’s all up to date at the moment and no missed payments and no issues from a credit file perspective everything is up to date in that sense 
    • follow it thru, plenty of time to poss arrange a tomlin or consent later on. ............   pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466952-lowelloverdales-claimform-old-cap1-debt/?do=findComment&comment=5260464 .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] .............. dx
    • so you've never been issued a default notice ever and all these accounts still show on your credit file?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DX100UK 'V' Monument stealth PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a result of requesting Monuments stealth PPI [Payment Protection Plan] be cancelled on my O/H CC A/C it turned in to a dual claim to! here is my first letter:

Tuesday, 13 February 2007

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are hereby instructed to cancel, from the date of this letter, the Payment Protection Plan currently associated with the above account & to write to me confirming this action has been carried out.

The policy is of no use to me as I am a housewife, previously self employed, so I cannot claim on it anyway. This I am very upset about.

I strongly believe that the PPI was mis-sold to me in the first place, but I cannot afford to waste the £10 on the Subject Access Request Fee necessary to begin this process.

However, please be aware that I will be doing so in the near future & that with the reclaim of PPI, I will also be claiming back all the over-limit & late payment fees, with interest, that you are continually placing my account, putting it further in the red.

I thank you for your time

Yours faithfully,

dx100UK:roll:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i received this reply:

Portland Building 25 The High Street Crawley West Sussex RH101BG

Tel: 01293 802 473

20 February 2007

Customer Reference:

Dear Mrs

I write further to your letter of 13 February 2007.

I understand that you feel you have been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance.

Initially, please allow me to clarify that you do not have a Payment Protection Insurance with Monument. However, I note that you have previously been enrolled in our optional Payment Break Plan, which is not insurance.

As a result, 1 can further clarify that our Payment Break Plan it is not subject to the CISC private code. However, the optional Payment Break Plan is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the account and the optional Payment Break Plan Terms. For your records, 1 have enclosed a copy of the optional Payment Break Plan Terms.

In summary, you may elect to enrol on the Plan if you are a UK resident who is either employed, self employed, retired or permanently disabled and not in breach of the terms of the account The Payment Break Plan is an optional feature of your account and can be activated if you were to lose at least 25% of your annual household income due to a natural disaster, involuntary unemployment, illness and other related reasons. You can request to activate the plan and your account could be frozen for a period of up to 30 months if the situation remains unchanged. During this time you would not need to make payments to this account and no charges would accrue.

Acceptance or non-acceptance of enrolment for the Payment Break Plan is determined during the initial telephone call to applicants as part of our standard application procedure. According to our records we contacted you on 3 March 2005 and as a result of this conversation you were enrolled in the optional Payment Break Plan.

Subsequently, confirmation of your enrolment in the optional Payment Break Plan would have been sent to you shortly after this date.

In accordance with your account Terms and Conditions, should you disagree with any item that has been debited from your account, you must notify us of the reason for your disagreement within 30 days of the date of the statement on which the item appears.

I note that prior to your telephone call of 7 December 2006, you have not previously contacted Monument in respect of the optional Payment Break Plan on your account. I further note that during this telephone call your enrolment in the optional Payment Break Plan was cancelled.

1 therefore conclude that Monument has acted responsibly in the management of your account and in accordance with your account Terms and Conditions.

However, as a gesture of goodwill and with no admission of liability, 1 have refunded the last twelve Payment Break Plan charges in the total sum of £175.49 that have been applied to your account.

I further understand that you are requesting a refund of the late payment and overlimit fees that have been applied to your account Our records show that late payment and overlimit fees in the amount of £24.00 each have been applied to your account in the total sum £120.00. Our records further show that late payment and overlimit fees in the amount of £12.00 each in the total sum of £132.00 have also been applied to your account

Under the Terms and Conditions of the account which you agreed to be bound by when applying for the Monument VISA card; a late payment fee is applicable if you do not make at least your minimum payment by the payment due date and an overlimit fee is applicable if you exceed your agreed credit limit at any time. In addition, an unpaid payment fee is applicable if a direct debit, cheque or other item is not paid when first presented. Further to this interest is applied to any outstanding balance on your account at the contractual rate each month.

At Monument we believe it is fair that when a customer pays us late or the balance on the account exceeds the agreed credit limit, the costs we incur are borne by the customer.

We would remind customers that fees are easily avoided by making payments on time and keeping within the agreed credit limit.

Furthermore, fees and charges are made clear to customers in the Terms and Conditions when they apply for a card. Information is also included every month on our statements.

In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that accordance with the Office of Fair Trading suggestions our default charges have been decreased to £12.00 each.

I therefore once again conclude that Monument has acted responsibly in the management of your account.

However, putting this issue to one side, as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion only I am prepared to refund £126,00 which represents half of each charge in question. I hope you will agree this is a fair and reasonable offer. If you would like to accept this offer, I would request confirmation in writing and upon receipt 1 will arrange for the appropriate credit to be applied to your account. 1 have enclosed a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope for your use.

In addition, 1 further note that we have recently accepted a reduced payment arrangement on your account for a period of six months. On the basis that we receive a payment of the agreed amount by the payment due date each month interest and charges will be waived on your account.

I hope that the actions I have taken in this instance meet your expectations. I will keep your complaint file open for 8 weeks so you have time to consider my response. If I have not heard from you by then, I will regard your complaint as closed.

Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally, although we recognise this may not always be possible. If we are unable to agree a way forward you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your complaint. We will help you if you would like to do this; however, 1 hope we can resolve matters for you before you take this step.

You can find more information about how we deal with complaints and the Financial Ombudsman Service in the leaflet sent with my previous letter.

We take your complaint seriously as the comments you have made may help us to identify where we can improve in the future and 1 thank you for letting us know.

Yours sincerely

Emma Fairchild Customer Relations

[ I now have 7 defaults on Experian]

DX100uk:roll:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my 2nd letter re above reply from mon:

Sunday, 04 March 2007

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Customer reference xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms Fairchild

I write further to your letter of 13th February 2007.

Could you please provide me with a signed transcript of the telephone conversation with me on the 3rd March 2005, where I stated I wished to be enrolled in the Payment Break Plan. I do not recall making such a statement.

Other than this, a copy of the agreement signed by myself, which shows, clearly, that I filled in the relevant box by hand and not one forwarded to me with the box automatically filled in by default, by Monument staff or a computer.

Should neither of these be available, then I refer you to the attached schedule of payments, and, to the fact that I claim a full refund of ALL my Payment Break Plan charges as listed on my statements, plus interest at your quoted rate, 24.9%, a total claim of £315.48. I also therefore reject your offer of £175.49.

Should the evidence above exist to my satisfaction, then I accept the offer of £175.49 & will consider this Payment Break Plan matter closed.

In relation to you kind offer of £126 for default charges made against my account, I have, since the date of your letter, been calculating my spreadsheet, as I did not intend to push this claim, due to lack of money.

However, please find enclosed an additional spreadsheet which I now refer you to. I calculate from data taken from my statements that Monument have taken £252 since account opening. To this figure I have also added interest @ 24.9%, and I hereby claim a total of £290.62 for my charges.

I will ONLY accept the £126 as partial payment toward this total, IF, a sensible offer is made toward payment of the outstanding £164.62. I do this in the spirit mentioned in your letter of keeping things internal. However, please be aware that I am more than happy to escalate both these claims further, should we not come to a satisfactory agreement.

I finally thank you for offering to freeze all interest & payment charges on the A/C. I can confirm a £50 was made by Internet banking on the 3rd March 2007 & that I will endeavor to keep to the arrangement as already mentioned.

I thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully,

dx100uk:roll:

and they

mon reply to my 2nd letter:

Portland Building

25 The High Street

Crawley

West Sussex

RH101BG

Tel: 01293 802 473

9 March 2007

Final Response

I write further to Emma Fairchild's letter of 20 February 2007.

The investigation of your complaint has now been completed. I am very sorry that we have been unable to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, as we always strive to provide excellent service at all times. In the circumstances, for the purposes of the Financial Ombudsman Service you may regard this letter as the Monument's "Final Response".

In summary the results of our investigation are as follows:

We have clarified that you have never had any insurance with Monument. However, we have noted that you have previously been enrolled in our optional Payment Break Plan, which we have also confirmed is not insurance.

As a result, the optional Payment Break Plan is an additional product that we are able to offer to our customers, which we feel can be of great benefit. We have also clarified that our Payment Break Plan it is not subject to the CISC private code. However, we have confirmed that the optional Payment Break Plan is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the account and the optional Payment Break Plan Terms. For your records, we have enclosed a copy of the optional Payment Break Plan Terms.

In summary, we have confirmed that you may elect to enrol on the Plan if you are a UK resident who is either employed, self employed, retired or permanently disabled and not in breach of the terms of the account. The Payment Break Plan is an optional feature of your account and can be activated if you were to lose at least 25% of your annual household income due to a natural disaster, involuntary unemployment, illness and other related reasons. You can request to activate the plan and your account could be frozen for a period of up to 30 months if the situation remains unchanged. During this time we have confirmed that you would not need to make payments to your account and no charges would accrue.

As previously advised, acceptance or non-acceptance of enrolment for the Payment Break Plan is determined during the initial telephone call to applicants as part of our standard application procedure. According to our records we have confirmed that we contacted you on 3 March 2005 and as a result of this conversation you were enrolled in the optional Payment Break Plan. Unfortunately due to the length of time that has elapsed since this telephone conversation occurred, we would be unable to retrieve this data from our archived records.

However, we have advised you that confirmation of your enrolment in the optional Payment Break Plan would have been sent to you shortly after this date. I would further like to take this opportunity to clarify that this confirmation would form part of your welcome letter for the card.

In accordance with your account Terms and Conditions, should you disagree with any item that has been debited to your account, you must notify us of the reason for your disagreement within 30 days of the date of the statement on which the item appears.

We have noted that prior to your telephone call of 7 December 2006, you have not previously contacted Monument in respect of the optional Payment Break Plan on your account. We have further noted that during this telephone call your enrolment in the optional Payment Break Plan was cancelled.

However, as a gesture of goodwill and with no admission of liability, we have refunded the last twelve Payment Break Plan charges in the total sum of £175.49 that have been applied to your account.

You are further requesting a refund of the late payment and overlimit fees that have been applied to your account. Our records show that late payment and overlimit fees in the amount of £24.00 each have been applied to your account in the total sum £120.00. Our records further show that late payment and overlimit fees in the amount of £12.00 each in the total sum of £132.00 have also been applied to your account.

As previously advised, under the Terms and Conditions of the account which you agreed to be bound by when applying for the Monument VISA card; a late payment fee is applicable if you do not make at least your minimum payment by the payment due date and an overlimit fee is applicable if you exceed your agreed credit limit at any time. In addition, an unpaid payment fee is applicable if a direct debit, cheque or other item is not paid when first presented. Further to this interest is applied to any outstanding balance on your account at the contractual rate each month.

At Monument we believe it is fair that when a customer pays us late or the balance on the account exceeds the agreed credit limit, the costs we incur are borne by the customer.

We would remind customers that fees are easily avoided by making payments on time and keeping within the agreed credit limit.

Furthermore, fees and charges are made clear to customers in the Terms and Conditions when they apply for a card. Information is also included every month on our statements.

In addition, we have clarified that accordance with the Office of Fair Trading suggestions our default charges have been decreased to £12.00 each.

We therefore once again conclude that Monument has acted responsibly in the management of your account.

However, putting this issue to one side, as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion only we have advised you that we are prepared to refund £126.00 which represents half of each charge in question. We hoped that you will agree that this is a fair and reasonable offer. If you would like to accept this offer, we requested confirmation in writing and upon receipt we advised you that we will arrange for the appropriate credit to be applied to your account. We have previously enclosed a prepaid, pre-addressed envelope for your use.

I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied with our offers and I can confirm that Monuments position remains unaltered. In addition, I can further confirm that Monument will not be accommodating your request for a refund of the respective interest charges that have been accrued on the late payment, overlimit and Payment Break Plan charges in question.

As previously advised, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and in that regard, I hope that you find the enclosed Financial Ombudsman Service's "Explanatory Leaflet, to be helpful.

Please note you have six months from the date of this letter to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service for investigation. Monument's previous offers will lapse and the Financial Ombudsman Service may make an alternative award, not necessarily similar or larger than our offer.

Should you wish to reconsider our offer, then please contact us at any time before 6 months from the date of this letter after which the offer will lapse.

I would like to apologise that on this occasion we have been unable to provide a satisfactory resolution as providing a high level standard of service is a top priority for us. We take complaints very seriously and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

yurs sincerely

Richard Heaysman Customer Relations Manager

15. OPTIONAL PAYMENT BREAK PLAN - part of terms & conditions

15.1 The Payment Break Plan (the 'Plan,') is optional and is not insurance.

You may elect to enrol in the Plan if you are a UK resident who is either employed, self-employed, retired or permanently disabled and not in breach of the terms of the account.

15.2 You may enrol in the Plan at any time after your account has been opened by either calling or by writing to Customer Services at the address detailed on your statement.

15.3 The monthly cost of the Plan (unless you are retired or permanently disabled) is 0.89% of your account balance as shown on your statement, up to a maximum balance of £2,300 (the 'Plan Charge').

If you are retired or permanently disabled, the Plan Charge will be 0.59% of your account balance.

15.4 Once you have enrolled, you can then activate the Plan if one or more of the activation events set out below occurs and you telephone us on the number detailed on your statement (Activate' and/or 'Activation' as appropriate). The activation events (the 'Events') are:

(a) you or your partner (Partner means any person who is either your spouse or domestic partner [Common Law wife/husband or same-sex partner]) become unemployed involuntarily (excluding as a result of your own wilful misconduct) and suffer a loss of at least 25% of your net monthly household income (‘income’}

(b) you or .your partner become sick, disabled or have an accident and suffer a loss of at least 25% of Income,-

© you or your partner take leave from work to care for members of your family who are either, incapacitated and/or your child(ren) and you suffer a loss of at least 25% of Income;'

(d) you or your partner are employed in the armed forces and are unforseeably posted abroad on emergency duty;

(e)- you or your partner become hospitalised due to a medical condition; . (f) you or your partner are on Jury Service,-

(g) your main residence is significantly damaged by some natural disaster, for example, a fire, flood, high winds, lightening, landslide etc; (h) your partner dies. ' •15.5 If you wish to Activate, you must do so within six months of an Event first occurring.

15.6 If you Activate, you must provide us with reasonable evidence of the Event within two months of Activation (for example, a relevant doctor's certificate, surveyor's report etc). If the Event continues for some time you must provide us with such further evidence of the Event and its ongoing nature as we may from time to time request.

15.7 Activation will be considered by us to continue for as long as the circumstances of the Event continue (for example, as long as your main residence is significantly damaged as a result of flooding or as long as you are hospitalised) up to a maximum of 30 months ('the Activation Period').

15.8 During the Activation Period, your account will be frozen and you will not:

(a) be able to use your account other than to make voluntary payments to it;

(b) have to make any minimum monthly payments other than payments to clear any outstanding arrears;

© incur any interest, charges. Plan Charges or fees.

15.9 Activation will end when any of the following occurs:

(a) the Activation Period expires;

(b) you fail to provide reasonable evidence that the Event occurred and/or is continuing.

15.10 At the end of the Activation Period, the full credit limit on your account will be reinstated (where applicable) and your account will resume incurring interest, Plan Charges and any applicable charges and fees that are payable under the terms of your account. You will have to resume making your minimum monthly repayments.

15.11 You can leave the Plan and/or Activation Period at any time by writing to us at Customer Services.

15.12 If you knowingly make any false or misleading statement in relation to your eligibility to enrol or Activate, we may require you to repay in full the interest and/or charges that would have been payable if you had not activated the Plan.

15.13 Any waiver by us of the above terms of the Plan will not constitute a waiver of any of the other terms.

15.14 We may vary the terms of the Plan by giving you at least 30 days' notice before any change takes effect. However, no such variation will affect the terms of any Activation that has already occurred.

and they

ok what to do now............thought welcomed.

things that strike me:

they continually keep up the stance it is not insurance, so i cannot claim it back.

they actually say that as result of this [telephone] conversation you were enrolled on the scheme. [but does not actually say O/H agreed to it].

they also say that if they were to look they would not be able to find the tape [so they haven't looked!].

i fail to see any point in issuing SAR/CCA requests.

i fancy just writing and doing what they have done & repeat what i have said re PPI+INT & charges+INT please...in full giving 14 days? before i proceed with starting court action.

seems like most of the text is identical to what has been used in their replies to claimers since about sept last year.

anyhow, views welcomed.

and they

ok what to do now............thought welcomed.

things that strike me:

they continually keep up the stance it is not insurance, so i cannot claim it back.

they actually say that as result of this [telephone] conversation you were enrolled on the scheme. [but does not actually say O/H agreed to it].

they also say that if they were to look they would not be able to find the tape [so they haven't looked!].

i fail to see any point in issuing SAR/CCA requests.

i fancy just writing and doing what they have done & repeat what i have said re PPI+INT & charges+INT please...in full giving 14 days? before i proceed with starting court action.

seems like most of the text is identical to what has been used in their replies to claimers since about sept last year.

anyhow, views welcomed.

Read your thread with interest.

If it is not insurance then what is it? You need to send them a Doctors certificate if you are ill!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I would send them a Sar and under the DPA they would have to find the telephone conversation and any other relevant info. They will try to get out of it, but I they accept the £10 SAR fee they have a Statuatory duty to provide it. If they don't then you can pursue the legal road of getting your information. Non-Compliance etc.

I have had a bit of a fight with one company over recorded telephone calls etc. I sent them a SAR and they did not comply. I have been like a thorn in their side and kept on at them and low and behold. They did find them, when they realised how serious I was.

The telephone calls proved I had been mis-sold the policy.

I would continue with this and just let them know how serious you are.

They offer you the services of the Financial Obs like you didn't know that.

You can if you wish offer them the services of her Majesty's Court. lol:) :)

Good luck and keep the faith

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

ohh yes i'm serious.

& i'm just a little bit determined too, :rolleyes: to see how far they push this.

they are one of only 3 of 12 co's i'm dealing with & sadly not playing ball on a short term problem we have, the rest have been good & help a lot.

i wont be moving it fwd till after the 23rd anyhow as i cant afford the £10 SAR so i thought its about time you fellows/gals here saw what i am upto & used the vast wealth of info to best attack them.

i've read lots over the last months on here & really cant find any resolution anyone has had on this, so im game for taking it all the way.

best wishes to everyone & lets nail this once and for all for everyone conned over this.

i'm sure for every mention of this ppi here there are 100 more waiting in the wings.

dx100uk:)

and they

Im sure there will be a lot more PPI claims in the Pipeline, and I will be around whenever possible to help in the fight. Thats once Im finished with GE of course..or if they Finish me of..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

there are quite a few successes of charges in te barclaycard forum

but i dont think anyone has nailed the stealth ppi yet.

what i really dont like about is the 'its not insurance' bit.

that stinks.

they must know it is of no use else why make a token repayment of the premiums already paid!

what i am toying with is to fire them off a reply now, just doing what they have done and repeat my full claim for it, warning that i will be SAR'ing them on the 23rd, so please find the tape!

would certainly show i am serious about it me thinks.

dx100uk;)

and they

• 7 months later...

might well be useful to many on here.

sadly, due to personal reasons [family deaths] this year has been a quiet one for me in all my reclaiming .

dx100uk

Edited by dx100uk
test

and they

• 5 years later...
Got my details from Providian/Monument, they insist it is not Insurance but attached is a copy of my account history.

bit silly posting on a 6yrs old thread

start your own

see below

dx

and they