Business Insurance & Accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

My grandfather had an accident while driving a show car for Mercedies Benz.

He has had a court summons through the post today asking him to appear for charges of driving without due care and attention. He was driving a smart car that he thought after the accident was faulty.

Mercedies haven't contacted him at all about the accident although he was working for them and getting paid etc. They have made him un-employed now due to his age, they have changed their policy and made it that they won't allow anyone to work over 70!

I thought that because he was driving for them he would be covered under their car insurance and should be entitled to use their legal teams to help fight his case?

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I'm not sure about the accident, but surely it is against the law for your grandfather's employers to sack him just because he is over 70. Age discrimination legislation was brought in about 18 months ago to stop this sort of thing. This website tells you more about the laws: Age discrimination : Directgov - Employment