Barclay Card & Payment Dates

Doobykat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else was having the same fun time as me with Barclaycard and their ever changing payment dates?!

When I first got my card back in 2006, I received my statements around 12th-14th of each month with payment then due usually within the second week of the following month.

This changed ~September time of 2007, when I ended up having to make 2 payments in one month!

September statement came in at the usual time, 13th Sept with payment due by 12th October. I then got my October statement on 15th October with payment due by 31st October!

A call to customer services informed me that the terms of payment had been reduced from 25 day to 20 days from statement date and that I'd been sent a letter accordingly in May 2007 to advise me of the change.

This change doesn't appear to be something which is applied from month to month though (December was another 25 day payment) meaning that keeping up with my payment date is something I have to pay particular attention to.

Last month was another 20 day statement, payment for which I missed by ONE day and for which I've been charged a late payment fee! I find this particularly annoying/incredulous due to the fact that this is my first ever late payment (by ONE day!!) in the 2 years I've had the card. None of my other credit cards have done this on the odd occassion that payment has reached them a day or two late & believe me, it's not a regular occurance.

This month/statement however has a payment period of 30 days from statement date! Is this purely a tactic to recoup more interest from me - which of course I've incurred due to my ONE day late payment?!?!

Hi Doobykat and welcome to the Barclaycard forum,

If this is the first time you've been charged, a call to Cust'r Services may get the charge refunded.

If not, time to reclaim. Click on link No. 1 below my name for a guide to reclaiming. Take time to familiarise yourself with the procedures so you get it right.

Read around on the threads to see how others are getting on.

Come back with any queries.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)