Harrasment from Lloyds

Harlequin_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , im not sure if this is teh correct place to post this , please forgive me if its wrong!

im overdrawn with lloyds - now this isn`t teh issue

they have phoned 15 times since teh 24th august and written 7 times as well , my wife and i are sick to the back teeth of the near daily calls or letters from them

is there anything i can do to stop it? its getting upsetting now as to who is actually ringing on the phone.

I suspect it isn't the right place (unless part of the overdraft includes unauthorised overdraft fees etc?) but nevertheless I guess you are still looking for help.

The way the "Collections" departments of most banks and credit card companies work is by applying pressure (by telephone and post) to get the debtor to agree some form of repayment schedule - but without that getting to the point of harrassment; in many cases there is a very fine line between the two.

The bottom line is that if you do actually owe the money to the bank they are entitled to look to you for repayment of that and in the absence of agreement, they will instigate court action against you. To avoid that, and depending on your financial circumstances, it might not be a bad idea to actually talk to them to see if some acceptable arrangement can be reached?

John