halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a halifax credit card that came with a small amount of cheques which i stupidly used. i pay the minimum payment every month but i still get charged £50 per month for using a cheque related to the card. is this the norm? can i claim it back?

help!!!!!!

i have just had a leeter back from Halifax Card Services and it says this

Dear Mr T****

thankyou for your recent communication regarding the above account,and am sorry to hear that you have found cause for complaint.

i am sure you will appreciate that like other organisations we incur costs for adminestering your account for late /unpaid payments of overlimit situations. The bank believes it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected,rather than absorb them into other areas of our organisation,penalising all our customers as a result.

HBOS clearly outlines our charging policy in the terms and conditions that apply to your account.In addition we are committed to complying with the banking code,which sets out standards of good banking practise for banks and building societies to follow when dealing with personal customers

To demonstrate our commitment to you as a valued customer i am prepared to offer you a refund of charges to the value of £88.00 representing half the amount applied to your account in the last year.

if this is agreeable to you sign and return the enclosed acceptance form to allow us to complete the refund to your account.

As a gesture of goodwill i have refunded the interest charge of£45.29 this will show on your next statement.

Should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right.

Yours

Sincerely

Lindsey Morris

I find this very amusing as they charge me the interest and a rough paynment of £50.00 a month for using one of their credit card cheques .

please help need advise

£50 a month to use a cheque... that can't be right... are you sure those aren't fees for something else?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

no when i rang them up about this they said it was because i used a cheque and its a percentage charge of the amount i wrote the cheque out for,and as you can never tell on a statement wether i have paid any of the cheque amount off they seem to charge me every month,so add the interest and my overall bill increses and doesnt go down at all.

EVEN DICK TURPIN WORE A MASK!!!!!

£50 to process a cheque!!!!

The robbing gits... I suspect you won't be able to claim this back via the normal route as they are providing you with a service for that money.... but still.... 50 quid!!!!

I don't think I need to tell you never to use a cheque again... would be cheaper to drive and pay 'whoever' in person.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!