claiming over £2250in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like you am looking at a sum of over £750, I have found the Scotland board valuable. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

See if there is anything over there that might be of specific help. They also mention the govan law site ... http://www.govanlc.com/

am trying to get as much info as I can. It seem so unfair the diffences in the law between Scotland and England/Wales, with regard to the small claims issues, however there might be change on the horizon.....

I was, and still am considering summary cause for my next claim. Here is advice from Robertxc

Originally Posted by Robertxc

Probably not. Things definetly get more complicated in Summary Cause, and you won't be protected from paying costs if you lose, and those could be well into four, if not five, figures.

In my experience, the Sheriff will give you a lot of help in Small Claims, because it's intended for people who are representing themselves. Summary Cause is intended for lawyers, so you will find the Sheriff much less tolerant if you get the procedures wrong. The risk of having your cased kicked out is much higher in summary Cause. Also, bear in mind that one of the main reason that the banks don't defend these actions is because there is no way for them to recover their costs if they win (in Small Claims). If you do it in Summary Cause, then that disincentive no longer exists...

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

Good luck.... my claim will be over the two grand mark , so summary cause is no good. Think will divide the claims into years ..

Keep posting and let us know....

I have been following fruitycars story over on the Scotland board.

• 8 months later...