When dealing with an issue in Pc world

WOW Geek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Dont lose your temper-- as soon as you do they get defensive & wont deal with you.
  • Remember the staff working the customer service desk are people too...
  • Give them facts-- dates, issues etc.. -- start being vague you'll get nothing. present them with facts & they have to deal with it.
  • Dont start bitchin to other customers in the queue because as much as they agree to your face they (customers) bitch about you as soon as youve gone!! FACT :eek:

• Be pleasent to managers they ll go out of there way to help you if you are from the off..!!!!!
  • If you deal with a dutymanager and you dont get the answers you like ask for the store managers name and return when hes in next (MONDAY) without fail.
  • Pc world staff & managers are a very close team and always back each other up. If a staff memeber runs to manager saying your being an idoit and shouting and making a scene they come prepared for war. FACT!! Makes it 10 times more difficult to get help.
  • They can & will call security guard over to remove you from store for threatening behavior. (which could be classed as raising your voice) standard procedure.

As an ex employee of dsgi I dealt with complaints on a day to day basis. I have moved onto pastures new (Comet) lol --- but these will help you get more from your visit from PC world customer service desk..

I worked there for 3 years my knowledge of Pc world is vast. Please feel free to email me for help or NO BULL**** ANSWERS to questions about Pc world issues!!!! I know every procedure in the store so ask me im a nice guy !!!!!:p:p:p

This is an open forum, and we do not encourage people to communicate by e-mail.

I am sure that everyone would benefit from a useful answer, so questions should be asked (and answered) on the forum. On the other side of things, any incorrect response communicated by e-mail or PM can not be challenged/corrected by other people, so there is really very little, if anything, to be gained by communicating in private. ;-)

• 3 months later...

Could you have a look at my post about my problem with a newish laptop and offer any advice?

I'm nervous about going in with it as they haven't been very helpful so far!

Also - can you answer a question for me please - is having the appearance of a second hand car salesman a prerequisite for being a PC World manager? I've met three since buying my laptop and each one wouldn't have looked out of place on Albert Square's car lot!

• Dont lose your temper-- as soon as you do they get defensive & wont deal with you.
  • Remember the staff working the customer service desk are people too...
  • Give them facts-- dates, issues etc.. -- start being vague you'll get nothing. present them with facts & they have to deal with it.
  • Dont start bitchin to other customers in the queue because as much as they agree to your face they (customers) bitch about you as soon as youve gone!! FACT :eek:
  • Be pleasent to managers they ll go out of there way to help you if you are from the off..!!!!!
  • If you deal with a dutymanager and you dont get the answers you like ask for the store managers name and return when hes in next (MONDAY) without fail.
  • Pc world staff & managers are a very close team and always back each other up. If a staff memeber runs to manager saying your being an idoit and shouting and making a scene they come prepared for war. FACT!! Makes it 10 times more difficult to get help.
  • They can & will call security guard over to remove you from store for threatening behavior. (which could be classed as raising your voice) standard procedure.

As an ex employee of dsgi I dealt with complaints on a day to day basis. I have moved onto pastures new (Comet) lol --- but these will help you get more from your visit from PC world customer service desk..

I worked there for 3 years my knowledge of Pc world is vast. Please feel free to email me for help or NO BULL**** ANSWERS to questions about Pc world issues!!!! I know every procedure in the store so ask me im a nice guy !!!!!:p:p:p

great post mate.

tbh mate this shouldnt just be a guide for dealing with not only PC world but for all retailers. especially points one and two, in my opinion the two most important ones.

• 2 weeks later...

It is true. No matter how angry you are, positive vibes by customers usually get excellent results. I have found many stuff from DSGI and other stores willing to 'bend' company policy for nice customers - especially if they feek company policy is wrong too. Build up a rappor with the customer service team, they will be much more likely to help.