URGENT! I need to find an Education/Disability Solicitor immediately!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need to find a Solicitor who deals with education and disability discrimination matters, who is able to take on a case immediately with a view to obtaining an ex parte injunction against an FE college within the next week.

I have already contacted the following major firms:

AP LAW

IRWIN MITCHELL

BAILEY, WRIGHT & CO

FISHER & MERIDITH

LEVENES

OMERODS

None of which have immediate availability.

Can anyone reccomend anyone else I could approach? This is quite an urgent matter.

Thanks a lot.

David

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

No I haven't, from the looks of it that organisation is primed towards those still in compulsory education, but I'll give them a call tomorrow anyway.

David

Here to help!

Just ask!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

No luck with IPSEA, and I had already contacted Levenes. The trouble is that September, being the beginning of the academic year, its the busiest time of year for this area of law.

It looks like I might need to do this as a litigant in person. So, can anyone help me out?

Situation is as this:

I'm disabled for DDA purposes, and contacted an FE college on 03.08.07 to make arrangments for support at enrolment and on course.

After support had been agreed, I attended to enrol on 1st, and was told that they had decided I couldn't enrol until they had written to my doctor regarding my disabilities, and that potenitally I may have to wait until the next academic year to join the course because of this.

I met all of the examination/experience requirements for the course.

I have no problem with the getting in touch with the doctor, but IMO it seems unreasonable that they leave it until the last minute after I acted in good faith and exercised due dilligence so that they had more than adequate time to pursue any lines of enquiry. I've pointed this out to them, and told them (in writing) I believe their stance is unreasonable, and potentially discriminatory - I feel it to be less favourable treatment for them to have delayed seeking information they need to support me because of my disabilities, and that they have no legitimate reason for doing so.

I want to compel them to admit me whilst enquiries are made. I think I mgith need an interim injunction to do this, but I have no idea how to go about it. The court was about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard - they wouldnt even provide information as to if there is a special form or if I use an N1. All that they told me is that I would need to make a cliam for damages as well. Is this so? How much should I claim? I'm not doing it for the money, I'm doing it because I want to go to college.

Thoughts?

David

Here to help!

Just ask!

we had loads of trouble with our local FE college but dont be stalled or put off, if you know you shoud be able to start ok this year then push for it, fight all the way, write to the Principal if necessary and complain that you cannot see why you are being fobbed off, but as above,contact Skill, they are excellent, also DRC. good luck.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

CAN YOU GET LEGAL AID?

I am currently using Sinclears Solicitors in Penarth, for SEN for children, and education they can attend tribunials, they are excellent, I use Andrew Barrowclough his telephone number is 029 2070 6444

Give him a ring, if you still need help

Good luck