PPI prelim letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jimmyfloyd

Have a read through this thread. There is a prelim letter a little way into the thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for your reply ukaviator.

Is this letter ok to use if i applied for my credit card online and the cc company cannot prove that i took out the ppi. I was employed when i took out the cc and mentioned this on the online form. All they say is i ticked a box but in the SAR and screenshots there's no mention that i had taken out PPI.

Would appreciate your advice.

If there is'nt a tick in the box then you should'nt be paying any PPI, unless it was agreed later on, after the account was opened. I would get a prelim letter in the post demanding all of your PPI back plus the interest charged, as you did'nt ask for it. The proof is there on your form.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

It would be up to them to provide documented evidence that you requested PPI, though even if they supply that evidence it in no way proves that the PPI was not Mis Sold

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

How do i work out the interest to charge? Should i add up all the PPI payments and then add the interest on? Or

Hiya Jimmy,

You need to put them on a spreadsheet, date taken, amount taken, and the spreadsheet will automatically work out the amount due from the date it was taken, in interest. You will find the spreadsheets under the bank template letter on the main page of the forum,

You can change the interest rate, from the statuatory rate of 8% to their contractual rate they charged you:D

Persnally I would go for the contractual rate.

If you need a hand shout:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks again hellhasnofury! I'm going to try out the spreadsheet now.

Regarding the pre-lim letter, ukaviator said i should use the standard prelim letter from the PPI notes thread. As my PPI policy was mis-sold, i.e. i didn't agree to it and they haven't provided any proof to say i did, should i mention these details in the pre-lim letter or just send the letter as it is?

Thanks again hellhasnofury! I'm going to try out the spreadsheet now.

Regarding the pre-lim letter, ukaviator said i should use the standard prelim letter from the PPI notes thread. As my PPI policy was mis-sold, i.e. i didn't agree to it and they haven't provided any proof to say i did, should i mention these details in the pre-lim letter or just send the letter as it is?

Hiya Jimmy,

It is entirely up to you which prelim letter you use and you can add whatever you wish to.

I found the template letter by reidnet excellent, but used my own because I found it useful to add all my arguements:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

reason i was asking was becuase i thought the credit card company might not take my letter seriously if it's too short, what do you think?

Hello Jimmy,

Sometimes you have to go by your gut feeling, the template letter isexcellent, it's short and to the point, either send it or maybe amend it and add some points that you want to add:D Its your letter at the end of the day.

I know how you are feeling, do I, don't I,:eek: should I, shouldn't I. :eek: At the end of the day, you will know what to do. The letter you send will open up the neogiation table for discussion, arguement with the company:D

Hi Jimmy,

The template letters I posted are simple letters which you can add any further information to before sending.

If there are issues in your claim that are not mentioned in the template letter, you can simply add these in.

Good Luck, and if you need help just shout..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.