General Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is Northern Rock your highest % of debt? I can't see how payplan can predict what they will ad won't accept. Turning unsecured borrowing into secured by remortgaging is not usually a good idea and Ifrankly horrifeied that payplan have started advising this, - would you like to post some more details of your total debts and who you owe them to here, so we can maybe advise furter.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I've had a look, and i am guessing that you would be off snowballing these as you have a high income - Have you done an income and expenditure with paypaln - what does your monthly surplus come out at after you have paid essentials - have you tried a 0% balance transfer for the tesco card?

I think you will be better off looking at what you are spending each month, and seeing how you can tackle the debts as they are - borrowing more will cost you dear in the long term and you don't have enough equity to clear them all in one go.

If you have a proper budget I bet you could with a few changes save that £200 a month and clear them your self.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

You might be able to delay a payment by putting the accounts into dispute with CCA requests & SARs - enough to get things straight

I agree that re-mortgaging sounds like bad advice

What about agreeing payment plans with your creditors yourself, try for getting interest reduced / frozen.

Complete the income & expenditure spreadsheet & see what you can afford; offer pro-rata payments to your creditors - be prepared to tell them what your total debts are and that you will be making the same offer to all of your creditors.

Grumpy

As it stands today I have £445 a month left after paying all my Direct Debit bills (including utils) - this £445 would be for food, fuel, emergencies etc. Done the full income and expenditure with payplan (I will give them there due, very thorough) - they tell me I have £890 for my creditors - which as I said is only £100 or so less than I pay in full now. Given my income I think they are all going to hound me so I think I stand little chance on my own. Perhaps I am being selfish and £445 is acceptable for food etc?? However, because of the nature of my job I spend £60 per week on petrol alone (realistically I need £800 per month after bills) - so you can understand why I am feeling the heat. I am told remortaging is a common recommendation from Payplan for people in my position (i.e. high debts but decent income). Perhaps 75k of debts is not as rare as I thought! My option at the moment is to remortgage a little over half the debt which will save me around 250 per month and work on clearing the rest.

how many people are there in your household? £75k isn't *that* rare at all. I spoke to someone the other day with over 4 times that.

I have a friend who got a low interest loan from his life insurance company in a similar situation to yours.

Ok, the life insurance was worth less for a few years, but it got him out of his hole.

Might be worth an enquiry